PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes - Get It
71.43%
No - Leave It Alone
28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Shorty Antenna Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Default RE: Shorty Antenna Poll

ORIGINAL: NJTEX

There is a reason your truck's antenna is 31" or somthing inches long. Has to do with optimizing the antenna length for the wavelength of the AM/FM radio stations that you want to receive. If reception is not an issue,why not just cut (name of cutter tool is no longer PC)your existing antenna down to 9" instead of buying a new shorter one? It'll work just as well as one of the "shorty" aftermarket ones.

Cause I wanted the COOL SHINY ONE with Flames!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

OK so Mom did ya order it yet?? LOL I'm getting one too but I'm holding out for when I win the bet with Fin! [sm=happybounce.gif]
which one ya getting LawWyfe? I am still contemplating. I have my eye on the roof rack rails first

Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: pcmommy

[which one ya getting LawWyfe? I am still contemplating. I have my eye on the roof rack rails first
Aw heck Mommy...Go crazy for once..get them both at the same time..

Old 03-22-2007, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

ORIGINAL: NJTEX

There is a reason your truck's antenna is 31" or somthing inches long. Has to do with optimizing the antenna length for the wavelength of the AM/FM radio stations that you want to receive. If reception is not an issue,why not just cut (name of cutter tool is no longer PC)your existing antenna down to 9" instead of buying a new shorter one? It'll work just as well as one of the "shorty" aftermarket ones.

Cause I wanted the COOL SHINY ONE with Flames!!!
As an EE I just love it. Cool, Shiny, and Flames were topics that I never covered in the antenna theory class that I actually enjoyedin the early 80's. Maybe if Igraduated fromMIT instead of FDUI would be more enlightend today!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:22 AM

I havent decided yet Mom..but whichever it will only set me (you) back about $20 or so. I am thinking the antenna X more than likely altho the plastic adaptor tube thingydoesn't thrill me. I may have to reread this thread and do a search back to decide. This weekend when I get some time to do more than just lurk and an occasional post..I'm going to order the Hummer letters, possibly the stainless grill etc..

P.S.....Clarence..Gstyle...roof rails...good price!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:34 AM

Order the Hummer Letters now! They should have been installed at the factory.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:53 AM

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

I havent decided yet Mom..but whichever it will only set me (you) back about $20 or so. I am thinking the antenna X more than likely altho the plastic adaptor tube thingydoesn't thrill me. I may have to reread this thread and do a search back to decide. This weekend when I get some time to do more than just lurk and an occasional post..I'm going to order the Hummer letters, possibly the stainless grill etc..

P.S.....Clarence..Gstyle...roof rails...good price!
Lawwyfe, I REALLY recommend you stay away from the Antenna-x one.I suspect you would be dissapointed. I will send you some close up pics if you like.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:58 AM

Sure Lil HB or better yet send me some better alternatives lol

Old 03-22-2007, 01:04 AM

I'll get you some pics tomorrow then. The link I provided earlier in this thread has some good ones, ad are only about $5.00 more.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:11 PM

Got the antenna X yesterday -installed fast and fit was perfect w/adaptor. Looks really good! For under $20 , I am happy. Reception is clear as can be (no difference vs. stock) FM/AM is perfect. I love the low profile. The guy did say remove if you go to an auto car wash. -No big deal! Just unscrew. So far so good for me.

Quick Reply: Shorty Antenna Poll