PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocks - Looking to replace.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Default Shocks - Looking to replace.

I'm sure this has been discussed many times in the past, but I'm curious to see how many have changed their shocks out and what you are using. I'm not too hip on the stock shocks and want to replace them. To spongy for me - especially the front. I have to admit the stock H3 shocks feel more like my old mans Lincoln.

Feedback always appreciated.

pgaduane

Old 10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Default RE: Shocks - Looking to replace.

Hmmm. I'll be interested to see what you switch to. But mine don't feel spongy. Maybe it's still too new.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Tex, did ya raise the front with the T bar adjustment. Once ya do you get a bit of Nose dive on the stops. The other night I was noticing how much my headlight beams went up and down on the tailgate of the Pick up in front ove me moving and stopping for a left turn light. I think I'll be going to the Bilstein Cognitos up front?? IDK yet for sure?? https://www.hummerforums.com/m_80962/tm.htm http://cognitomotorsports.com/store/Hummer_H3.html

Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 AM

Nope, mine is stock (unmodified). I didn't realize Pgaduane was talking about a mod condition.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM

I did install a Readylift on the front which doesn't affect the feel of the shocks at all. But imho I just think the H3 dives too much in the front with the stock shocks.

From what I read on the threads sent, looks like the favorite is the Cognito's. My previous two vehicles were a F-150 with Fabtech lift, and the last 2500 Suburban with double shock front and 6" Fabtech lift. So maybe I'm just a little spoiled with a firm ride and no dipping during braking. But my little mind just thinks if I add a good set of shocks the ride should improve.

thanks,
pgaduane

Old 10-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

I did not notice this much front end dive and rise(stomped on the gas ) when mine had the factory hot rod rake setting? I have the Adventure with the heavier shock, but I too think the nose dives too easily? What I would really like to do is test drive the Cognitos and see if I like them first, but nobody close by..................hey wait a minute, Okie has them I think? Hello Okie my friend, I'll buy the Gingerale, let's go for a spin!!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:06 AM

Test his out on some rock climbing and let me know....

What are friends for...?

pgaduane

Old 10-03-2007, 12:45 PM

gunner had the cognitos on his last h3,he seemed to really like them

Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM

I have the Readylift kit and I replaced the shocks with ProComp 3000's. They are too soft for me, it does make driving on road nice but there is a good amount of front end dip when braking. There are the ProComp 9000's which are stiffer, but I dont know how they compare to the stock shocks.

I am also looking into the Cognitos, I hear they ride really nice.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Check these out! http://www.samcofabrication.com/

Quick Reply: Shocks - Looking to replace.