PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shock choice help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Question shock choice help

Hey guys. I need a bit of help picking shocks. I have read a few threads where people ask for opinions for shocks, and i don't really want any lift on my 3. I like it the way it is and may lift with the t bars later. But for now I am looking for a pretty cheap set that I can just take off the old and put on new. I looked at the pro comp but saw a couple negative comments, and i saw there were a few different kinds. I don't do much offroading but occasionally I do some. Mostly onroad and i am looking for something that gives a good smooth ride and good handling. Mine are shot bushing and all. I am bouncing and shuttering and clunking. Luke the wheels have alot of bounce. The bushing have alot of space. I see everyone here loves the blisters bit i don't want the lift.
Looking to keep it $200 or less.
So i am open to any suggestions, thanks guys.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM

I run pro comp ES9000s on mine. they work great everywhere. I do have mine leveled with the tbars. it rides just as nice as it did with oems on it, and performs well offroad

Old 09-16-2012, 10:34 PM

If you want somthing cheap but still decent. Get the gabriel ultra shocks and struts. 20-30 bucks each.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:25 AM

Ok, i was looking at the pro comp es 9000s too. It looked like they could be used with 0-3 inch lift? I am looking for something that I don't have to do anything "ie leave the bump stops alone and do nothing but take off old and put new" so that should work for me. I looked on ebay and they had a set with a 3 inch lift? Was 300 bucks. But i found just the shocks somewhere for 40 a piece so half that price and i didn't figure i needed the lift kit if i could just crank the t bars.
Anyway i will prob go pro comp( the add i found though said both ends had loops with bushing for mount. Does't the 3 have studs in top? Oh and do the have rubber boots?

Last edited by BERULAKIDE; 09-17-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:31 PM

dont go cheap on shocks... its one of the best mods to do..imo fabtech are my personal favorites- used them on many a rig- always awesome--plus get a good steering stabilizer as well!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM

I had heard something about you couldn't put a stabilizer on the h3? Haven't looked at fabtech before. But if it is too pricey i would have to wait. Can't really afford to go big or wait too long. The roads here suck and it is already taking an extra beating with the bad shocks.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by BERULAKIDE
I had heard something about you couldn't put a stabilizer on the h3? Haven't looked at fabtech before. But if it is too pricey i would have to wait. Can't really afford to go big or wait too long. The roads here suck and it is already taking an extra beating with the bad shocks.
fabtech is the way to go and not that bad on price...they have different levels

Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 PM

You heard correctly, no steering stabilizer can be added on the H3. The ES9000s are pretty nice shocks for the money. I haven't run them personally but others I wheel with have them and like them a lot.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:06 PM

sorry bro i thought you had a H2--

Old 09-18-2012, 08:33 PM

That's ok, i didn't even find the fabtech. Maybe they do.t do them for h3? Bit good to hear about the pro comp. I can go cheap for now and next set i can do better maybe. Just starting on it i guess, tires brakes and some other stuff. Gotta work at it and eventually i will have something.
Thanks for the info guys.

Quick Reply: shock choice help