PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sewie, someone, anyone ... HELP ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Default Sewie, someone, anyone ... HELP ?

I am installing my new Toughcountry bumper as pictured below and I have run into a problem. The parts box had no instructions and I need some help with what to install where (rain blew in the garage the day I took the picture. I know Sewie has/had this same bumper as well as some others.

Here are the parts that I got. I figure the smallest 6 bolts will hod my foglights, the 4 gold colored bolts hold the bumper to the shackle mounts. What I dont know, where do the triangle adapters mount? What order do the shackle brackets (four flat metal slabs with holes) mount.

I had little problem removing the front end. Below is a picture of the front end from drivers side with everything off. I am hoping this picture will help someone explain what I should do next.

Some other questions:
-Does this bumper mount only to the shackle brackets picture above? This thing is heavy so I wonder. Can it handle the weight of the bumper and the warn powerplant I plan to buy.
-Does anyone know if I can download the instructions. I went to the Toughcountry website and found nothing.

If anyone who can help me needs more pics, let me know.

Thanks for the help, I was hoping to get it done today but that is looking like its not going to happen

Rob85635

Old 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Default RE: Sewie, someone, anyone ... HELP ?

Here is another pic

Old 08-31-2008, 04:27 PM

What does the back inside of the set-up look like? That might offer some additional clues.

Are there any holes that those backing plates line up with? I'm wondering if the larger plates
go on the frame ends? Frame end/plate/bumper/tow hook base........The angles pieces appear to be some
sort of braces...Frame to bumper maybe.....? Just guessing....

Man that really sucks they sent no instructions....I'd be chewing some *** come Tuesday....

Old 08-31-2008, 07:42 PM

The angles pieces appear to be some
sort of braces...Frame to bumper maybe.....? Just guessing....
Good guess, it is what I thought when I started this morning, but after getting everything off I cannot figure out what those triangles are for. As it is I can mount the bumper with the two smaller face plates and two larger face plates and the bolts, but there are more parts, and I am concerned about the frame holding all that weight and the winch.

Rob

Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 AM

I can't imagine no instructions. Maybe you can call the manufacturer.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 PM

WEll..................Did you get that bad boy mounted up yet?

Where are the pics......

Old 09-02-2008, 06:50 PM

I ran into a snafu, the bumper will not fit the frame rails. The unit is off about 1/4 an inch so that I can only bolt in either the Left or Right side of the bumper to the rails. Basically they sent me a unit I will have to grind the holes a 1/4 inch bigger to allow all four bolts to align properly. It is not a big error but that baby is 1/2 inch solid steel and i tried grinding with my Dremel and may have gotten one hole 1/64th or maybe 1/32nd of and inch ground out in half an hour. GRRRRR.

It looks like i need to get some grinding tools to add to my air tools. I will see how my wife reacts to that. She just doesn't understand how important tools are, even ones I will never use or use once. hehe.

I will be posting pictures of the take apart and finished install. I already have taken about 20 pics of every step of the take apart to assist others if they ever need to remove the chrome grill or the bumper for any reason.

Rob85635

Old 09-02-2008, 09:29 PM

So what does the manufacturer have to say about it?

No instructions?

Defects?

WTH?

Old 09-03-2008, 05:57 AM

I actually thought this bumper was a great idea at first. But, after seeing all of the trouble you are having, not so much. Cant believe Toughcountry isn't standing behind their merchandise!!

Old 09-14-2008, 02:14 PM

So how is it working out now that you have it mounted?

Pics?

Quick Reply: Sewie, someone, anyone ... HELP ?