PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Selling H3 Alpha. Fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Default Selling H3 Alpha. Fair price?

My mother has a 2008 H3 Alpha with just over 50k miles on it.
It's got navigation, back up camera, power seats, leather, moonroof, stock roof racks, new Fox Shox 2.0s, rear helwig swaybar upgrade, the take off U steps (2 are damaged, but work fine) & the rear spare delete (still have the tire mount & spare).

The only major issue I've noticed with it is the 1-2 transmission kick that many of the 4l60s suffer from. Other than that, minor stuff like the plastic guard around the driver's seat needs to be more solidly attached (these were a problem with the H3s in general, to my knowledge).

She's getting rid of it because she has such a hard time getting in it (I found it difficult too). She wishes she could keep it, but it's a deal breaker.

KBB is saying the private party sale is around $20.5k. Does that sound about right? A lot of dealerships are asking more for higher mileage H3 Alphas.

I'd rather not have to trade it in as they'll most likely give us closer to $10k. KBB is valuing the vehicle around $17.5k to $20K as a trade in (value doesn't change much if the condition of the vehicle goes from good to flawless), which sounds entirely unrealistic.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:28 PM

I would put everything back to stock for the best price and fastest sale.
Put the spare back on and the steps.
We have bought and sold (private sales) many H3 Alphas (4 total).

List it as a LOW MILE H3 Alpha. Don't mention the Fox shocks or other upgrades. The person looking for an H3 Alpha will most likely not be taking it OffRoad anyway. Clean the heck out of the engine compartment, interior and pay close attention to the rear cargo area too.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:26 PM

Yeah, I planned on removing everything extra & parting everything out that isn't original.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.