PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying goodbye to my H3

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Default Saying goodbye to my H3

Well gents, it has been a wild ride owning my H3 and being a part of this forum. I've made many friends here, and have had more amazing experiences in my H3 than I can count.

Unfortunately I have decided to let my H3 go. It's an amazing vehicle, and Hummers will always have a special place in my heart. I'm looking for something a little easier to build up for offroading without so much custom fab work. Most of all, I'm jealous of my Jeep buddies who get to pop the top in the summer.

I found an 06 Rubicon Unlimited or LJ Rubi that is in amazing condition for the right price and will be getting that. Today is going to be a very long day tearing down the stereo system and remove the remote start etc. Everything will be going back to stock on the inside of the vehicle for the move to the Jeep.

I know some of you will scream blasphemy and hate me for it, but in the end when I'm done building it, the Wrangler will be much closer to what I am looking for.

Don't worry, you guys won't completely lose me, I'll be around to run my mouth from time to time!

Old 10-29-2011, 08:31 AM

Well good luck w/ the build up... Make sure you post pics... And let us know what your gonna sell off the 3

Old 10-29-2011, 08:33 AM

Keep them both I also own a jeep wrangler X

Old 10-29-2011, 10:58 AM

I am sorry that you are getting rid of your H3.
It's was always nice to hear good advice from a sane member.
Of course your opinions still matter to us

Pictures of your new ride would be nice to see
and after awhile of new vehicle ownership, a comparison would be nice to hear

We hope you will be happy in your new relationship, [sic]

Last edited by wfturner; 10-29-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:25 PM

(you wrote: I know some of you will scream blasphemy and hate me for it)

I don't think so....... afterall its really not the vehicle that makes our outdoor lives worthwile.. it's the journey... Good luck & enjoy your Rubicon! Your sincerity is greatley appreciated. Post pix of your new ride too.

......but if by any chance HUmmers do return in the future (with a topdown version) pls do consider.....

hehe

Old 10-29-2011, 03:47 PM

Good luck w/ the new "project"! If you're parting out I'm sure my '08 H3 would love to help you get $$ for the new build

Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 PM

Thanks everyone. Dealer gave me enough on trade in to warrant leaving the stuff on there for the most part. The only thing coming off really will be the air intake. They really liked the way it looked, you know, curb appeal and whatnot. Guess they think they'll be able to move it fast or get a decent buck for it.

The Jeep is mostly stock. Has a slide out trunk system in the back, an overhead speaker/storage/cb thing someone installed.

It also has a Warn 9.5ti on the front already too. I guess it was never used since it has a steel line on it but a hawse synthetic fairlead. I'm sure that steel line would have worn a groove right through that fairlead if it did. Probably just for looks.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:33 PM

hate to say it man your gonna regret it.... jeeps a an odd ball of a car just got out of a 93 yj and have owned a 84 cj7 lifted and everything loved the cj more than the 93... your gonna miss not having the inside of your car at outside air temp, waking up after rain all night and realizing the floor of you jeep is soaked from something leaking... it not starting for some random reason( the electronics on a jeep are just plain stupid and over engineered i would know i am an aircraft electrician and have looked at the diagrams.... the start to rust and fast!!! wait till you lift it and go to drop the tcase/transmission and realize the anchor nuts in the frame are spinning and you have to drill holes in the frame to get them out... the h3 has more power and better gearing you throw 33's on a tj or jk and you almost always loose 5th gear since the awesome gearing jeep threw in there granted you talking about a rubi a lot better animal... and with the 4.11 you ll be safe but your gonna wanna go with 4.88 after to free up some power and make use of the 4:1 transfer case.

you have to think to yourself why is there such a limited after market/off road selection for the hummer? cause it has every thing that you could want on it from the factory lockers/4.56 gearing/v8 option/ leather/ 33's stock/ light bars and lighting options/ a usable backseat and trunk

Old 10-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Always my dilemma too, I love the top off Rubi JK's and the aftermarket parts availability. Interior is pretty bland on a jeep compared to the 3, everythings a trade off.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:08 PM

huhuhuhu! So sad...don't forget to write ok?

just kidding

Good luck on your new found love buddy...enjoy!

Quick Reply: Saying goodbye to my H3