PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saves :-)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Default Saves :-)

Well, few folks here on the eastern side of the country missed hearing or experiencing the snow storm we had yesterday.. we got about 8 inches which is enough to turn the whole Cinci/tri-state area to an insane scene of stupidity and mayhem ... With this said I must admit, the BAJA MTZ' are by FAR the best snowtire I've ever owned .. On a second note there were hundreds of folks not as fortunate as myself last night.
I had the chance of playing the good samaritan a couple of times and got two "saves" out of it. That tow band came to gooduse last night and hopefully at least two people have a different appreciation for the HUMMER. Pulled a Dakota out of a snow filled ditch and a silly little sports compact running Scorpion Zero's (in that weather, are you nuts?!?!?!), SUMMER TIRES; out of some deep snow and up an agressive incline before dumpin' em loose. Hopefully they both made it home safely or had another H2 owner bail them out again :-)

Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Saves :-)

I'd wished we got it here.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 AM

Not if you had to deal with Cincinnati drivers you don't LOL! A co-worker of mine was stuck on the freeway for HOURS, not even moving. Her normal drive home is about 50 minutes, took her over 6 hours yesterday. These yahoo's can't drive worth a crap out here! I saw more low profiled summer tires on the road last nightthan you would on a summer night at the local street racing hangouts ...

One guy in a new mustang running 30 or 35 sidewalls on 19" rims couldn't even get his car out from the pump at BP, and I'm guessing that was less than 3 inches of snow. Insane .. watched one woman have what I think was a nervous breakdown in her car ... traffic was backed up for over 7 hours in some locations ... I'm guessing she had been in it for a while .. felt sorry for her but she was going in the wrong direction else I would've offered her a ride ...

Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

You good man you. Do they make tow cables you can attach to your hitch ball? I decided I'm going to keep my hitch ball on all year round, because if someone rear-ends me, it will at least cusion it a little, but hopefully their car wont be parmanently attached to my ***

Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 AM

Was this you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gyJ5U7aKfc

Old 02-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Mike, I'm not sure .. I just got me a couple of 3" tow bands and ran em through the tow hooks in the back ... they have loops on both ends which I slipped around the tow hooks on thesillycar lol.. the dakota had a hitch/ball installed so that was even easier ..
I don't have the actual hitch ball on my H2 ... I don't have a need for one yet so never spent the $ for it.
These are the ones I ended up getting but at a much lower price :-) http://www.hummersolutions.com/produ...roducts_id/460

Dilo, that would've been fitting .. takes an idiot to run Zero's in 6-8 inches of snow ..

Old 02-07-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Was this you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gyJ5U7aKfc
Can anyone say Idiots? Bet their not friends anymore.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

The H3 has one tow hook on the back and two on the front, but I thought maybe they sell some soft of quick-clamp-on hook where one end just snaps right onto the hitch ball and the other end is a spring hook. I'm sure there is something out there like that. I was going to get one and keep it in my H3.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:25 PM

Should just be able to slip it on to the hitch ball .. I had no problems with the Dakota when I did it ..
I guess you could always compliment it with like a D shackle if need be .. I may stop and get me a pair on the way home tonight .. .

Old 02-07-2007, 12:47 PM

I hear you on the tires. Very good tires

Quick Reply: Saves :-)