PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Save $$$ -- Before you buy H3

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Default Save $$$ -- Before you buy H3

I know that most of you already own hummers, but I wanted to pass this information along in the event it could help someone.

Many Fortune 500 companies have buying agreements with the Auto Co's.- Long story short.....my wife works for one of these Co's and when she called the Human Resources department they provided her with a "Supplier discount #" . I took the number and presented it to the salesman at the dealership - he immediately walked over to his computer and printed out the dealer list price and the "Supplier Discount price". My H3 MSRP on the sticker was $41,780, Dealer invoice was $38,282, and the Supplier Discount was $37,000.78. (The gave me another $3000 for my 2000 xterra) - final price is $34,000.78. They even applied the discount to all of the upgrades/ add-ons. It took all of the mystery out of the process of haggling. The dealership flat out told me that Hummer reimburses them the difference (between the discount and invoice) and it helps them for # units sold...besides, all of the real $ comes from servicing the vehicle.

I checked this out at multiple dealerships and they were all within $250 of each other; this is accounting for the individual dealerships destination charge.

I hope that this is useful and not old news to everyone. Just trying to save you some of those George Washingtons.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Default RE: Save $$$ -- Before you buy H3

Good tip. My company has discount deals for lots of stuff; computers, appliances, even men's suits but they rarely say much about them after the initial announcements.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

This is what I used to buy My H3. I got mine (base model 5-speed) for a little under 27k. I think it was like 26.7k because of all the other incentives they had at the time.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 PM

For those with no access to the Supplier Discount, the discount is the same price as the GMID program discount certificate which is available to the public from any GM employee. Most employees get a couple of them a month to give out. Just post a request on most any Hummer forum and a GM employee will respond and get you the GMID certificate for the discount. That's how I bought mine and saved almost $4000 when the dealers were barely discounting at all....

Old 11-16-2006, 03:08 PM

After shopping around with 2 different dealerships, and basically being blown off and or given the usual "dumb female shopping on her own and doesn't know any better" pricing, (too bad they did not take me seriously as a business savvy woman who had done her homework and was ready to purchase NOW!) - I tried out just for kicks, and discovered (for me anyway) that an Internet car buying program is the way to go for any make or model (that participates in this). I chose carsdirect.com who directed me to a (fairly) local dealer. I had to drive a little ways (45 mins) to make the purchase, but I did not have to haggle and it was well worth the drive. I got a great price and painless experience! I then drove my newly purchased H3 to my local dealer to visit the little salesman who blew me off and said "Big mistake for not having taken me seriously, but THANK YOU!" [8D]

Old 11-16-2006, 05:38 PM

I get that with my company I saved 4,000 on my H3 but that went to my Accessories

Plus i get that with Chrysler and now Ford too.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:40 AM

I'm looking to buy a H3 in the next month does anyone have a GMID they could send my way so I can take advantage of the discounts?

Thanks,
Diggzee!

Old 11-18-2006, 01:56 PM

Again, I went thru carsdirect.com rather than another discount program..it was fast (I hit on carsdirect.com's site on a Sunday afternoon, was contacted by a dealer on Monday and was driving my new ride by Tues evening - all with NO haggle! <yes i tried&gt My "Internet pricing" was nearly $4K less than "the best price" my local dealer quoted me! OK, so what, I drove 45 mins (yeah i will drive a ways to save some $$) to the dealership that I purchased from rather than 15 mins to my local dealer - who blew me off by the way, as just some dumb broad who hadn't done her homework and was just "window shopping"...BIG MISTAKE, as I was driving my new Hummer 1 week later! Now I take it in to the nearby dealer for services for convenience sake.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:37 PM

Took your advice...we'll see what comes of it...

Regards,
Diggzee

Old 11-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Good luck to you - hope it works as well for you as it did down here for me (and doesn't make a liar out of me LOL.) Only way I will ever go again when vehicle shopping. Let us know!

Quick Reply: Save $$$ -- Before you buy H3