PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Said "F--k The air ride today"

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Default Said "F--k The air ride today"

Couldn't take it any longer with the intermittent"service air suspension" (mostly first thing in morning) message on my dic, it’s know longer underwarranty so it would be on my dime now. LOL and I don't trust it!

So I ordered a set of Eibach Coils today just need the isolators.I am going to remove it ALL from underneath, (even know there is nothing truly wrongwith it)

Hopefully removing it all will make sure the "serviceair suspension" light never comes on again

Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 PM

Don't throw it away if you do replace it. I'm sure you can sell that compressor quickly.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
Don't throw it away if you do replace it. I'm sure you can sell that compressor quickly.
Everything will removed very nice as to not damage a single part.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 PM

im sure one of us will need to replace our compressor at some point.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:01 AM

If nothing is wrong with it and it works fine you are just upset about having a message on your dash. Then wont the message still be there when you remove everything because it wont be getting a return signal from the air system?

Old 11-17-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by greg260
If nothing is wrong with it and it works fine you are just upset about having a message on your dash. Then wont the message still be there when you remove everything because it wont be getting a return signal from the air system?
No, if you make sure you unplug all the electrical connections the service message will go away.Make sure you disconnect the battery after you disconnect everything and that will clear the computer.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by elkgrunt
No, if you make sure you unplug all the electrical connections the service message will go away.Make sure you disconnect the battery after you disconnect everything and that will clear the computer.
I have read that, time & time again after removing all the components the message would not clear till the positive battery lead is disconnected. Thanks

Old 11-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Default Question on spring kit?

I am also receiving an intermittent "check air suspension" message on my 2005 H2. I took it to my Chevrolet dealer and told I need to eventually replace the air compressor and sensor. It still works.

Since I plan to continue keeping the H2, I think this is an opportunity to convert to springs. It seems some folks are happy with the Strutmaster springs; so I ordered the springs and four shocks kit.

I want to install the springs AND keep my compressor for inflating my tires and accessories.

Two question:

1. Can I suppress the "check air suspension" message while keeping the compressor connected for inflating tires and accessories? I've seen some posts on this subject, but it's still not clear to me about the message indicator. I wouldn't mind hearing from someone with first hand knowledge.

2. Can someone be kind enough to share the steps?

Thank you,
Stanley

Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by greg260

Greg - I have owned H2's since 2004 when I bought my 05 new. I now own an 03, I am feed up with the stinking air ride! It's been harassing me in one form or another almost 10 years.

I tolerated it in the past because GM was fixing it under warranty. Like I said above its on my dime now and I just don't trust it even tough it's working fine for the moment aside from the occasional message. it's not if but when you will come out in the morning to find the back end of your truck on the stops. Yes, if all components are removed and the relay pulled it should eliminate the message.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:51 PM

Installed my Eibach springs today, man are the meaty! Brilliantly powder coated red that will hold up compared to other springs I considered that are just painted black. Install time was about an hour, I just jacked up one side at a time till that rear tire was off the ground about an inch and with the lower shock bolt removed. Then I snipped the air line going to that bag, let it deflate then just rotated it out of the mounts. You also have to remove the black puck that bolts to the lower axle mount, then just slide the spring in with the new isolators on the springs. Only thing left was to lower the truck back down and put the lower shock bolt back in! Removal of the compressor was fast and easy with only 4 bolts and 2 big electrical connectors ( o yea and the help of side cutters to snip the hoses)

The pump assembly weighs a TON and is major sh-t collector! So keep your eyes and mouth shut when taking it down.

Overall my Deuce sits about 2" higher in the rear over the airbag system, and rides sooooo much smoother. I should mention last week I installed 4 new Reflex shocks.

I had some errands to run, about 100 miles worth and no "check air suspension" message.

Quick Reply: Said "F--k The air ride today"