PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rover M/T Maxx Traction

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Default Rover M/T Maxx Traction

So I was doing some browsing on Tirerack to see if there was anything new and I found these Dunlop tires that are very similar to the Wrangler DuraTracs in everything except price.
Rover M/T Maxx Traction-mtmaxx.jpg
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

I had thought I was decided on the DuraTracs until I saw these tires. Has anybody bought a set of these that can post pics or opinions?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:57 PM

haven't seen any reviews on those yet. I have the Dura Tracs on another rig and like them but I like the Toyo mt's on the h3 far more.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Default rover m/t

i had the rover m/t on my 2006 expedition and found them to be a little noisy compared to my wranglers that were on there first.
the price was good on them though,and got rid of the expedition after about 10,000 miles so i cannot give ou info on wear.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:33 PM

I've had Dunlops in an AT style a few years ago. I noticed my old Chevy, that I sold, was still running them(35x12.50) and they looked like new. Dunlop has always made a great tire and I may consider the new M/T tread design.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by SICILYDUDE
i had the rover m/t on my 2006 expedition and found them to be a little noisy compared to my wranglers that were on there first.
the price was good on them though,and got rid of the expedition after about 10,000 miles so i cannot give ou info on wear.
Were they the factory OEM Wrangler tires? The tread on these Dunlops is a bit more aggressive than the standard OEM Wranglers, which would account for the excess noise. As far as the wear, I've read reviews on Tirerack that suggest they usually get around 45k-50k miles for tread life.

Not sure how long it took you to drive 10k miles, but that's a fair amount, which means you should be able to form an opinion about them as an upgrade over my stock Wranglers on my H3. I like the whole "more than an A/T, but not quite an M/T" tires. They will give me the aggressive look I want and still perform well on the road/rain/ice/snow/etc.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Dunlops are manufactured by Goodyear...Thus the resembleance.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Default they were oem wranglers

H3DONIST-they were oem wranglers.
noticed about normal wear on them the 10,000 i rolled them, and could not give you a true longer mileage assesment.
just noticed the noise factor and wanted to relay that to you

Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 PM

Thanks for the input so far folks!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 AM

It wouldn't hurt to check out Discount Tire pricing too whatever you decide to buy. They had the best shipping included pricing for each of my last 3 tire purchases including my Duratracs. Good service too!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:18 PM

I just purchased the dunlop rover maxx traction mt's 315/75/r16 on stock hummer h3 wheels at discount tire got them for 185 each (i went to tirerack did price compair with my local discount tire and they honored the price) and had a local 4 wheel parts store put on the a leveling kit (decided to go with it instead of cranking it) and I am extremely happy with the look and ride. I'll post all new Pics ASAP!!

Quick Reply: Rover M/T Maxx Traction