PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof marker lights broken

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Default Roof marker lights broken

My roof marker light bar broke off. Now there are just the bolts left sticking up and the trim on the sides is not sitting flush anymore. Two of the bolts that are on the passenger sides are striped out and are fittings are just spinning freely and i think that one of them is leaking because there was water dripping out of my onstar speaker the other day when it rained. Is there anything that I can do to patch up these holes and get the trim sitting flush again?

Attached Thumbnails Roof marker lights broken-roof2.jpg   Roof marker lights broken-roof.jpg  
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Sorry one of the pics was upside down

Attached Thumbnails Roof marker lights broken-roof.jpg  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Default lights gone

I just had my front windshield replaced and all my screws(inserts) were stripped, so I had to coordinate with a body shop for them to be replaced at the same time the window was being put in. The inserts under the roof that holds the screws, apparently, are prone to stripping. Their words for it were "it was a common problem that the window inserts strip".

Whomever put my light bar in, overtightened those screws and stripped them. I convinced the dealership that I was using that it was a manufacturers mistake, so they covered it under a special warranty, so I don't know how much the repairs actually cost. But, how much can 1/2 a day in the body shop be?

Old 12-26-2012, 10:54 PM

Yeah i found a thread with someone who had a similar situation but no solution. I do not want to pay an outrageos amount for a replacement. I dont think the dealer would warranty a replacement for an 06 either. Guess Ill just leave the screws sticking out for now. Looks terrible though.