PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROOF MARKER LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Default ROOF MARKER LIGHTS

does anyone know if the new and improved roof marker lights are out yet? thanks.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Default RE: ROOF MARKER LIGHTS

Yea, I would like to know about this as well,,,, and also about the back roof lights too.

Davyo

Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: cheappc@hotmail.com

does anyone know if the new and improved roof marker lights are out yet? thanks.
I don't think they will be out until November, BUT, I have a question also.

Does anybody know if there is a pre-wired harness or connector for these running lights in the engine compartment or pillar? I want to get them, but I really don't feel like doing MORE wire tapping to get them to work, especially robbing the headlights of power. I'm assuming there is a separate circuit in the fuse box for it, but there HAS to be a pre-wired connector somewhere. If there is, does anybody know where?

Old 10-18-2006, 07:01 PM

I am the parts man for a Hummer Dealership in Richmond,VA and the only thing I know for certain is that GM is working on a fix for the roof marker lights. As soon as I have an update, I will post.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:24 PM

What is the problem with roof marker lights?

Frank

Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 PM

I heard some people removed the windnoise, by applying "tar" or something of a sort? does anybody now how to install one of these?

Old 10-18-2006, 07:36 PM

The roof marker lamps come with the entire harness that hooks directly to the bottom of the fuse block. They are time consuming to install though, as you have to lower the headliner, remove the A-pillar trim, remove the sun visor and run the wiring into the engine compartment to the fuse block.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:38 PM

You can apply tar, double-sided tape, and we've even tried a putty called dum-dum. These are all just temporary fixes. The wind noise will come back. The original fix from GM was nothing but a strip of double-sided tape, but they now say that that fix was only temporary.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:17 AM

Hummer Parts Man, do they come with detailed instructions? I plan on waiting for the fixed version and was thinking of attempting the install myself. If it looks too complex, I may just take my Hummer to the dealer and pay him to install the marker lights. I have read on a GM site that it falls on a 10 scale at around a 7 as far as difficulty. My main reason is I don't want to mess up my headliner or trim.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:12 AM

My buddy is trading in his H3. It has the clearance lightsin the roof. Can I take them off without and damage to his vehicle. Are there any holes drilled into the roof. I understand the outer two lights mount into the plastic a pillar pieces. I will just switch them on the trucks. The main bar though, what is it held on by ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: ROOF MARKER LIGHTS