PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocks and Valleys video

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM

Videos like that never get old. Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 PM

Here is another from last weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhQnk2amfgk

Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Banned
Default ahh, slo motion,dirt roads

takes me back to the old swimmin hole in pa.
we regularly drove roads like that in a ford van,,but faster!!

no too exciting,,the yella jeep was movin along.
not what i xpected for an off road "adventure"!!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:54 PM

Yeah, I'm SURE you "regularly drove roads like that in a ford van,,but faster!!" Speed kills, point and shoot wheelers don't drive there rigs home from the park 2 1/2 hours and to work the next week, CHEIF!

Try this, push your chair back from your computer, stand up, walk outside once in a while and use your HUMMER for what it was made for. Heck, come on out and "SHOW" us what YOU expect of an offroad adventure! Rocks & Valleys, Drummond Island, Bad Lands, Twisted Trails, etc. You pick the place, I'll lead and you can follow, if you can! Put your HUMMER where your keyboard is CAPTIAN NEGATIVE

Old 10-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Banned
Default hey,,whoa,,ez boy

i wus just expressin my opinion, video 1 is all i watched and face it, its not to exciting,not what i expected. just the truth..
after your rant i watched v 2, a little more action

yes the hills in western pa ARE steep and in my day, dirt and mud and rocks. the one to the old swimmin hole was solid rock slabs,rough and irregular.ask anyone in Kittanning about the road to "buttermilk falls"! thell tell ya!

one van i had was 6 cyl stick and needed low gear to make some hills, chains for mud and snow. going in to the falls, we unloaded people to gain clearance for the econolines

ive seen baha films and trucks with 20 inch spring travel, and they were movin on so my expectations were out of perspective.

when i first drove a hummer,it was not what i expected! thats why i bought it. to off road my driveway in winter!

so,you do yours and ill do mine,,thats life

Old 10-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
when i first drove a hummer,it was not what i expected! thats why i bought it. to off road my driveway in winter!

so,you do yours and ill do mine,,thats life
drtom,
Sometimes the obvoius just escapes us doesn't it? I believe that what you said above was precisely Mutaint's point, which in essence was: To each his own but before you give an off-hand opinion like "not what i xpected for an off road "adventure"!!", you really need to first go out & see what it's all about. Don't knock it till you try it!

On second thought, you'd better not try it because you might hurt yourself and I don't want anyone to blame me for putting you up to it. Sounds like the snow in your driveway to get to your mailbox is about all you can handle. But, if you do, good luck trying to keep up with Tainter and theBroken!!! BTW, it's baja, not baha!

Last edited by Bigunit; 10-27-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned
Default obvoius,ure speling iz like myne!

hey i told last yr of getting stuck ,,in my back yard,,ego is not a problem here!!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 PM

Hey tom, want to see some more "not what i xpected for an off road "adventure"!!" I'm sure you did a lot of this kind of stuff in your pimped out van also. Sure some of the trails we hit are Green (beginner) but those are to teach the new-wheelers (like yourself) what they can expect out of their rigs and once they are confident on the Greens' and hill climbs we move to the Blues (modified) and have some fun with off camber, small to medium rocks and trees while teaching proper trail manners, recovery and even more about the capability of our rigs. Usually on Sunday (all of the new-wheelers went home woth smiles on their aces and can't wait to be invited for a Sunday run) we tackle the Black Diamonds (Extreem), we don't get much video or pix of this because it's only 2-4 rigs and everyone is either spotting or wheeling and we want to get as much wheeling, winching and rocks as we can before driving home.

R&V don't remember the date
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBlJQRnIHYI

R&V Sept 2009

SIR Deployment:

R&V Oct 2009

Drummond Islan Oct 2010

Last edited by TAINTER; 10-27-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 PM

I like it, but I have to admit the first two reminded me of a petting zoo I went to about 2 months ago in Arkansas. It's the only "off roading" my H2 has ever done. The later I'd definitely want to at least remove my nerfs for though.

Quick Reply: Rocks and Valleys video