PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

remember when hilly first joined

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Default remember when hilly first joined

and made stuff but wasn't looking to sell anything...jsut made them as a hobby?

http://www.hummertech.net/new_fab_gu.../m_4080/tm.htm

Old 02-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: remember when hilly first joined

The link is blocked. You have to embed the link in the post.

Highlight the link and select the little globe icon that says "Insert Link" then past the link into that. It should work even though the text it blocked.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 AM

http://www.hummertech.net/new_fab_gu.../m_4080/tm.htmif it doesn't work just replace the **** with h-u-m-m-e-r-t-e-c-h.net without the hypehens.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. I can also tell you his work is good, but it is not great. Welds like my MOM! Somebody described it to me as a hammer tack carpenter?

I give him credit fot making that stuff out of a garage. Maybe with a shop he could do better?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:51 AM

I can't comment on his quality but my point is we left him go here selling stuff cause he was always just a member that made stuff for hobby....but selling on ebay and now posting on other sites looking to sell makes him look like it's a little more than a hobby. Again I like the guy, but IMO he's using the hobby thing as a reason to skate around paying to advertise.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

He doesn't post much either these days and you guys thought I was just being paranoid.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

I still think he is just doing it just for a couple extra nickles to rub... I don't think he is gaining much from the transactions.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

I thought to myself if I was doing this as a hobby, I would be all geeked up as well, but ever since he started "advertising" he's hardly been on the forum at all. Looks like business is picking up for him

Old 02-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Ya know, I suppose if I started tinkering with the stuff and knew how to do it, and people started asking me for things, I would honestly probably do the exact same thing, and be spending less time on here and more time making money off of it. I can't really critisize the guy for what he's doing. I never thought he was a bad guy in the first place. I think he just found a nice niche and is exploiting it honestly and making a little money from it.

Every time I think about it, it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore. I wish him luck if he continues.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

and like I said... he offered to donate stufffor a fundraiser... which is why I brought it up to Patrick...

I'm seeing the glass half full this time...

Quick Reply: remember when hilly first joined