PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear wiper range

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Default RE: Rear wiper range

ORIGINAL: cnynctry

I agree on checking out the short cummings and deciding to live with them or not. However........ It's also lets others know of these small areas so thay can check them out. It also gives GM insight on how to make it better for the next year.

Only another way to look at it.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]You said CUMMINGS

Old 09-16-2006, 11:53 PM

and fireman said SHORT STROKE

this is what the back window wiper is supposed to cover, anything less and you should have it checked. Sorry but if you need more than that maybe you should take a cab in the rain

Name:  steelerdecal.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  71.6 KB

Old 09-17-2006, 12:22 AM

Instead of going from 3 to 11, I loosened the wiper nut and rotated the wiper so mine goes from about 2 to 10.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:36 AM

I remember that trick from my lowriding rice burner days. We all thought it was cool to take the drivers side windshield wiper off and reposition the passenger side wiper to cover the majority of the windshield. God, I'm glad that phase only lasted a year or so. I look back at it now like you guys that were adults in the '70's look back at your side burns and hair- cool then, dorky now.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:54 AM

Ya know ,Dennis brought up an interesting point. I made note of the fact that their was not a driver or passenger "reading or map " light in the vehicle while I and my better half were test driving it. It certainly was not a deal killer. But, I would hope that the feedback enjoyed by each of us on this forum is also being closely monitored by those who design future models. Im of the opinion that the 3 is kept very simple, yet practical in design. I like that and it was a major selling point for me. I run a small tv repair shop where I live and Im just "tired " of "gadgetry" on electronics and everything else. So , believe me when I say that just minor changes to the "bling stuff are trivial in my mind and should not be a deal killer. Its a HUMMER! The 3 doesnt have the power of the big ones, but man, its still a sweet ride.- Mark ps I have had a rear wiper on the last 4 vehicles that I've owned and cannot remember using that function even once-rock on boys

Old 09-17-2006, 02:15 AM

Nothing personal?
This is a forum for all of us H3 owners to ask questions, have fun and learn about what works and what doesn't. I love the H3 and this was a simple question that I asked because I don't want to make the 60 mile drive to my dealership if there is nothing that they can do. I also wanted to post here because I think we have some really informative members. I did test drive the H3 and noted a few things that I didn't like but I wanted the vehicle anyway - I just love it - and I deal with the H3's minor issues.
Not that it matters to anyone I am sure but this is my last thread here - if you can't ask a question without getting bashed then this forum thing is a waste of time.

Also, if you look at importkillers rear window - mine stops at the "L" in Steelers but who cares right?

Old 09-17-2006, 02:25 AM

ORIGINAL: bogy

Nothing personal?
This is a forum for all of us H3 owners to ask questions, have fun and learn about what works and what doesn't. I love the H3 and this was a simple question that I asked because I don't want to make the 60 mile drive to my dealership if there is nothing that they can do. I also wanted to post here because I think we have some really informative members. I did test drive the H3 and noted a few things that I didn't like but I wanted the vehicle anyway - I just love it - and I deal with the H3's minor issues.
Not that it matters to anyone I am sure but this is my last thread here - if you can't ask a question without getting bashed then this forum thing is a waste of time.

Also, if you look at importkillers rear window - mine stops at the "L" in Steelers but who cares right?
I'm sorry you took it that way Boogy...I really meant no insult to you...I just was venting about things people should have looked into before buying..But you're right..if it don't get mentioned, they'll never be corrected..Please accept my apologies.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-17-2006, 10:01 AM

I am also sorry Bogy. I think that you should bring it back to the dealer to have it checked.
My wiper go's to about the middle of the S in Steelers. I hope that you will stay here on this Forum
I have learned so much on this site and it would be a shame for you to leave because of a few of us that
vented, again sorry and please don't leave.

Jim

Old 09-17-2006, 11:58 AM

I just want it known that because I don't wash my truck you all have a refence point to use to calculate your rear wiper motion

You are all welcome

Old 09-18-2006, 03:29 AM

ORIGINAL: bogy
if you look at importkillers rear window - mine stops at the "L" in Steelers
That's too short .. I'm pretty sure ours goes to the same point that IK's does in his pic.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper range