PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear view camera location

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Default Rear view camera location

Hi all! Long time reader first time poster!I plan on getting an Alpha within the next3-4 months and have been doing tons of research and reading through the forum(s). I have decided to make thetransistion from a Jeep/Land Rover owner to HUMMER. I searched the forums but have not found where the stock rear view camera lens is located on the H3. I ask because I plan on upgraded my rear bumper to a steel powder coated bumper from H20.Given this I would also like your opinions on whether to go factory nav or aftermarket. I found a pioneer that I like which would inlcude a nice bigger screen for backing up.http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...Z2X&tp=144
What are your thoughts?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Default RE: Rear view camera location

Hi,
the stock camera is located on the driver's side rear bumper.....

Old 05-01-2008, 04:03 AM

Name:  DSCF0703.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  56.3 KB
we istalled mine just above the number plate
Name:  DSCF0705.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  68.0 KB
and the monitor in the middle of the dash it seems to work really well

Old 05-01-2008, 04:15 AM

AVIC Z2, good choice, that's what I have in my BMW. Got the stock navi in the H3. It's not bad, but you can't input destinations while your moving because of the safety feature. It's annoying how I have to pull over just to change my destination. I understand the whole safety thing, but usually I have my girl or some friends riding shotgun to mess with the navi for me.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:03 AM

I'm still looking for a good backup system that I can have installed on my H3, post pics when you get your done.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:10 AM

Sweet, now I know where to mount mine!!

Sam

Old 05-02-2008, 10:12 PM

Over the winter, I installed an Eclipse AVN-6620 Nav system with a back-up camera. When I originally installed it, I put the camera inside the "socket" where the trailer hitch goes. That was a great location because it was centered on the vehicle, and the camera was very well protected inside that little steel cage. The problem was that I wanted the option to tow a trailer down the road. I eventually moved it and mounted it on the bottom of the license bracket, on the far right side closest to the center of the vehicle. It's not the best location, but it works great.

-- Frank

Old 05-02-2008, 10:16 PM

Skippy:

That Right-Hand-Drive just looks so terribly wrong to my American eyes! Made my stomach do loops! But then again, my stomach does that when I have to drive the wife's minivan, too...[&:]

-- Frank

Old 05-03-2008, 03:34 AM

I have the Pioneer AVIC system installed in my RH drive. I don't pull a trailer so I mounted the reversing camera just above the number plate and it works very well.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:03 AM

Skippy,
FrankW438is right i just got dizzy...

Quick Reply: Rear view camera location