PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear Hatch Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Default Rear Hatch Rattle

Guys,
I have a really ennoying rattle in the back of my truck, it comes from the pannel that rests on the read door window. Basically it came lose and rattles against the window. Now the trick is this has already been replaced once when the car was brand new. I had a ton of problems with the car and the dealer where there was a lot of things wrong with the car. Older members here might remember me. Now this has come back a few months ago again and it has gotten progressively louder and more ennoying. Is this something I should go back to them with or find another way to resolve it ? like put some kind of foam separators on my own. They actually replaced this part twice in the begining before getting it right.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Rear Hatch Rattle

My jack cover on my 06rattled at certain RPM's. I cut out a block of foam an glued it to the backside of the panel so it rested against the jack. Make sure that is not what you are hearing. On my 08, I had a rattle high-rear. It turned out the be the crossrail on the roof rack. Just pulled the cover off and slid the rubber insert back a tightend the big phillips screw. Did that to all four. If you are still under warranty, get the dealer to come up with a solution, if not, some good old farm boy technology works most of the time. Two-face-tape and foam can do wonders.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:26 PM

My 06 does the same thing.. I can see how it would be annoying. For me it is the rear tire jack hatch that vibrates when I'm idle.. I just ignore it. I was thinking about getting some stick on foam just havent got around to it.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:25 PM

This is definitely the molding that rests against the window, which the rear brake light is behind. When I touch it it moves around and rattles. And I as I said before, they already replaced this in the past for the same reason. I will double check again today just to be sure that indeed it is the same item again !