PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Default Rear

Hi
Got in the truck started and the rear wipers and washer would not shut down. I disconnected the switch and that stopped the wiper but the washer motor kept going. I pulled the washer fuse and that stopped the motor. It's a 2005 H2 and it has been raining for the last couple of days like heavy. Can someone help, I am on vacation in Spain and electricians with knowledge of Hummers are a bit thin on the ground.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:14 PM

So most likely what the problem is, is that water has gotten into the wiper motor up front. It's a real PITA to get at but the motor gets water onto the circuit board and starts acting funny. The front motor partially controls the rear wiper.
If you pull the wiper apart you need to dry up the circuit board, put some of that gel like **** I can't think of the name of, basically a electrical gel to protect the connection or in this case the circuit board.

To replace The wiper motor is either ridiculously over priced or unavailable. However, with significant searching the circuit board part that gets wet can be found on Amazon. Likely you won't need a new one, cleaning and sealing the old unit should be sufficient.

With everything I said, I would suggest, if your doing the work to look at the rear wiper motor first. It's much easier to get to and since all of your problems are from the rear wiper, it could save time. With that said I would still bet it's the front wiper motor, just a real pain to get at. The Cowl sucks to remove and feels very flimsy.

Old 01-24-2017, 03:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this. I do agree it does look like this and I have ordered a module from Amazon,$69 but post and taxes double this. I will post the result.