PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RAMP Hummer dealership ripped me off

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Default RAMP Hummer dealership ripped me off

Here is an accounting of my purchase of a 2007 H3from RAMP Motors. I have cut and pasted my comments from another forum and I think the membership here should have an opportunity to learn about the poor customer service and shoddy sales tactics at RAMP. I have only cut and pasted my comments and those from RAMP. There were many other responses from other members of the forum where I initially posted my comments, so that might explain why my comments jump around a bit.

RAMP Hummer...Was it a misunderstanding?

by geeggee on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:53 am

I just took delivery on a 2007 H3 from RAMP on Long Island.

RAMP's vehicle description: "Carpeting with Tufloor in Rear Cargo Area" and "Roof Rack".

Auto Trader description: "Floor mats ebony carpeted cargo area no accents" and "Roof Rack", "Luggage rack side rails"

Window sticker description: "Roof Rack"

Well...I did get the "luggage rack side rails", but not the roof rack as I understand it. And the cargo area has no carpeting. So my question for the forum is what is the value of these two missing items?[/align]
by geeggee on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:10 pm
The "rails" run parellel to the side of the H3...not perpendicular. I thought "Roof Rack" would have the perpendicular bars so that cargo could be lashed onboard.

The H3 has real nice carpeting plus nice new carpet floor mats for driver and passengers. Only the rubberized flooring in the cargo area which leaves me to believe the cargo mat got hijacked!!!

I might have other issues as far as "running boards" and "6 speaker system". I wouldn't call a step up rail a running board...it's round and has a small flat area by each door. And so far I can only spot 2 speakers, but I'll have to take a better look.

Thanks for your feedback on this. I want to be fair to the dealer...but I want what was advertised as well.
[quote] by geeggee on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:04 am
Well...I have emailed Pat Foy the sales manager at RAMP Chevrolet on Long Island with my complaint about the written vehicle description not matching the reality of the product. I will keep the club membership informed on how this issue is handled as I am sure we all have a vested interest in being treated fairly by GM dealerships [quote]

[quote] by geeggee on Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:28 pm
I really have drawn the conclusion that the description was over blown by RAMP. On purpose or by error?

Roof rails which is what the H3 has is very different from roof rack which in m

Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: RAMP Hummer dealership ripped me off

It must have been a great deal to buy an H3 in NY when you live in Florida. The roof rack is just wrong. Nerf bar might be semantics. I would take the check for half plus shipping and run. You aren't going to do anything for $300.00 bucks.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM

It must have been a great deal to buy an H3 in NY when you live in Florida.
It was a great deal. But it was made less sweet by their poor customer service and misrepresentations.

Meanwhile I have escalated this with the BBB after RAMP sent their written response. Their response had 4 basic distortions of fact or truth. They just keep digging deeper!

Anyway I have just phoned Mr. Rampone personally to let him know what's up. I hope he's a man of integrity who just suffers from employee incompetence. At least he'll have a chance to do the right thing and maybe improve his dealership in the balance.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 AM

Here's the letter to the BBB, RAMP Motors and NYDMV:

Mrs. Lehrer,

RAMP Motors did not perform as promised and I wish the BBB to continue work on this caseabsent Mr. Rampone or his business manager owning up to the facts and making ample restitution. I will take advice given by the BBB and contact the New York Department of Motor Vehicles to lodge a formal complaint with them.

RAMP Motors written response to the BBB contained several misrepresentationsor distortionsof fact:

[blockquote]
#1: "After several weeks of holding the truck he finally stated he would take delivery on January 14, 2008 some 20 days later." I received deliveryof the vehicle on Saturday, January 5th.

#2: "...vehicles are posted on the Internet with photos and at no time did the vehicle show in any displaying a "roof rack" or "running boards". The roof rack and running boards were in the written description which is the basis for a written contract.

#3: "Mr.****** seemed to understand the confusion with the Tufloor". Incorrect.

#4: "Mr. Fo7y told him if he was not happy with the truck he didn't have to purchase it and would be given his money back". Incorrect. [/blockquote]
I have taken screen shots of RAMP Motors website's written detail of the vehicle which entirely supports my claim. I have the same from Auto Trader. Lastly I have a photo copy of RAMP Motors window sticker which also supports my claim.

Realty check time. I purchased a vehicle from RAMP Motors based on three written representations which they were responsible for having posted on the Internet. I made a $5,000.00 deposit over the phone on December 20th. With the holidays approaching the earliest practical time for me to take delivery was on January 5th. I expended time and capital to travel from Miami to New York to live up to the contract based on material representations pertaining to the vehicle.

Despite the discrepancies I took delivery of the vehicle because I was under a binding contract and did not wish to default on my end and loose my $5,000.00 deposit. Also I was uncertain aboutmy claims that RAMP had not delivered the vehicle in accordance with their description of said vehicle and I did not wish to be rash nor impolite. After further research and consultation I determined that RAMP did owe me for the material shortage of said vehicle.

In closing I lived up to my end of the contract, to the penny. I expect nothing less from Mr. Rampone and RAMP Motors.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:43 PM

Today I phoned RAMP owner Mr. Rampone to see if this could get resolved. He did not seize the opportunity.

This evening I sent the complete package off to New York DMV who takes dealership misrepresentations seriously. NYDMV has a great online complaint form as a PDF. Filled it out online...printed it out...packed it off to NYDMV along with RAMP screen shots of their written description.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:49 PM

Good Luck!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Seems like a lot of effort for $300.00 though.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:34 AM

Principle my man.......Principle!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 AM

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Quick Reply: RAMP Hummer dealership ripped me off