PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Default Radio Info

I just got my H3 last week and I cant fiqure out how to make the radio station info and song info appear on the radio. I push the info button and get no info. I know the station broadcast the info because it came through on my jeep. I have the base radio system, no XM or multi CDs. I am thinking that I have to turn on the info system, had to in the Jeep. Any one know?

Old 02-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Default RE: Radio Info

ORIGINAL: cthummerh3

I just got my H3 last week and I cant fiqure out how to make the radio station info and song info appear on the radio. I push the info button and get no info. I know the station broadcast the info because it came through on my jeep. I have the base radio system, no XM or multi CDs. I am thinking that I have to turn on the info system, had to in the Jeep. Any one know?
Good question..I was wondering the same thing...But on XM, it does like the book says..But not on FM....Hmmm[&:]

Old 02-11-2006, 09:47 PM

I herd the radio stations has to have it for you to get it my dealer in my aera new a radio station he put it on and showed me but i guess we have to wait to the radio staions update their systems but you said you had it on your jeep

Old 02-20-2006, 07:51 AM

Push the center of the **** under the volume ****... I guess it would be called the tuning ****... The XM will display the name of the band and then the song... Not sure what FM will display if anything... It is not the info button however, for whatever reason...

Old 02-28-2006, 04:13 PM

I dont think these radios are RDS capable. That info button is for XM and MP3's i believe.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:13 AM

I just bought a H3 2007. I also have a 6 cd changer without XM and do not have the displays from the fm radio. My radio also does not display any info. Ive asked the dealer and they are investigating......whats the real scoop....anyone know?

Thanks

Old 12-29-2006, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Humm3r_H3

I dont think these radios are RDS capable. That info button is for XM and MP3's i believe.
This iscorrect..no RDS capability

Old 12-29-2006, 10:12 AM

Like everyone else said no RDS on the base radio or the uplevel 6 disc radio. XM does have the song and artist information but you have to push the station tuner button everytime to see it. I am pretty sure the navigation radio shows it all the time on the display. It seems they change this (song and artist diplay)all the time I had a 2003 silverado ss and it was on all the time my 03 ford f-350 was on all the time when I got my current 05 F-350 it does not have it at all. It's not a big deal but it urks me a little that I have to push the button to get song and artist. Steve

Old 12-29-2006, 04:36 PM

I have the base radio and on XM I push the display button for the xm info. If I push the station tuner button it changes the bass//treble/balance and fader. Or did I misunderstand you?

Old 12-29-2006, 04:45 PM

If you have an XM equipped radio and you want the display to 'default' to the artist (or 'default' to the song title), simply cycle until your choice is displayed then keep the button depressed for 3 seconds. After that, it will always display your preference. BTW- you can still press the button to get additional information.

Quick Reply: Radio Info