PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Rape Case Dropped

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Default Race Rape Case Dropped

Just a topic that seemed to be in the NEWS today, and that was in ENGLAND. So thought I'd check the commotion out. What a amazing story...just makes u wonder, if these lads weren't in the postion they were, and if it was somebody else, there *** would be in Jail getting a wipping just because someone wants to get more votes!![:@]

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...atenby,00.html

How can anyone withhold evidence....thats major jail time!

When I read up on it, man I felt for those boys....Hard to work out that the US has dodgy Prosecutors. I hope those poor lads, sue their ***'s off!

[font=arial][size=5]

US lacrosse 'abuse' case dropped [/align][/align]

[size=2]

Prosecutor Mike Nifong is facing charges that he withheld evidence[/align][/align]Prosecutors have dropped all charges against three former students of a top US university in a sex abuse case whose racist overtones had shocked America.
The three white men, all members of Duke University's lacrosse team, in Durham, North Carolina, were accused of attacking a black woman at a party.
Rape charges were dropped in December but the three still faced accusations of kidnapping and sexual assault.
These were thrown out on Wednesday by North Carolina's attorney general.

Based on the significant inconsistencies between the evidence and the various accounts given by the accusing witness, we believe these three individuals are innocent of these charges [/align][/align]
Roy Cooper
State attorney general[/align][/align]
The BBC's Justin Webb, in Washington, says the charges had outraged many Americans, reminding them of the treatment of black people by privileged whites in years gone by.
Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty and David Evans were accused of rape, kidnapping and sexual offence charges following a complaint from a 27-year-old student from another college that she had been sexually assaulted after being hired to perform at a Duke University party.
"Based on the significant inconsistencies between the evidence and the various accounts given by the accusing witness, we believe these three individuals are innocent of these charges," state attorney general Roy Cooper said.
The collapse of the case will lead to further dismay and soul searching, our correspondent says.
'Apologies owed'
The local prosecutor Mike Nifong, who once called the lacrosse players a bunch of hooligans, is facing trial on charges that he withheld evidence.
Later on Wednesday it is expected that the three accused will be formally told that they face no charges, leaving the local community and Duke University with the difficult task of accepting that this whole episode is over and should never have happened.
Mr Cooper said in an assessment of the case: "There were many points in the case where caution would have served justice better than bravado.
"I think a lot of people owe a lot of apologies to a lot of people... I think those people ought to consider doing that."
Mr Cooper said the charges against the three came from a "tragic rush to accuse and a failure to verify serious allegations".
One of the accused, David Evans, said he had been treated "like H

Old 04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Default RE: Race Rape Case Dropped

And just think of the double standards we have in our social/political environment...The same Rev Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton was one of the first to point an accusing finger at those boys back when it first surfaced over a year ago (imagine the costs and hell these guys and their families have endured)...Now when asked today by Hard Ball's Chris Mathews..."Rev Sharpton will you go on record publically and apologize to these three boys for the things you said?"...Sharpton's answer; NO! Because it's different than what is going on with Don Imus and what he said....Is this not adouble standard ??

Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM

Dennis, I really feel for those boys, and I am in England with hardly any knowledge of what goes on over there...This Rev Al Shap or whatever his name is, actaully paid a visit to Bristol some years back,to a run down area by the name of St Pauls..What he was doing there I dont know....blame everybody else but yourself! Was the impression I got....

He should go and meet with theselads and say sorry in front of the whole world...thank god he is the USA and not England.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:33 PM

I herd this on the way to work today.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:58 AM

It's a sad thing but if Jessie or Sharpton get involved in a case it immediatley prejudices me AGAINST whatever they are for. Sorry Jessie and Al, but your track record of being media ****** is all it takes.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:41 AM

Let the law suits begin!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:45 AM

Nappy Headed Ho!!

Old 04-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Jessy and Al should have been killed a long long time ago.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 PM

I was born a poor black child.[8D]

Old 04-14-2007, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Lane

Let the law suits begin!
Prosecutor Mike Nifong should be disbarred, orderd to pay full restitution to the famalies and the three boys for every dime they lost defending their innocence.

Quick Reply: Race Rape Case Dropped