PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question from MA guys !

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Default quick question from MA guys !

I'm not a hummer owner yet, but I'm in the position within this next year to trade in my Honda Accord ex and purchase an H2 or H3.... my question being really a 3-tier question. First, which do most hummer drivers prefer ? Secondly, depending on which you chose, what year/model seems to perform the best ? Based on that year/model what engine do you prefer ?

I won't be off-roading or doing anything crazy (unless just a couple times a year for fun), but I do want a beasty SUV for the NE winters, which IMO are some of the harshest out and moving things about (wood piles for the fireplace, groceries, Christmas trees, etc.). I have done some research and test drove both models and have a mind of my own. nevertheless, I realize the subjective nature of my mini-questionnaire here, but I value your input greatly nonetheless. However, I would be remiss if I didn't do my due diligence and consult the most experienced group possible, the owners.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:29 PM

so not one person has an opinion on this site ?

Old 01-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Many people have only had one or the other so can't really address your questions. I have had all of them but need more information from you. What is your budget? How many people/much stuff do you haul around? How important is gas mileage to you?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by MillCityHummer
so not one person has an opinion on this site ?
Here is an opinion have you ever owned aboat before because its the same thing. Your aboat to throw another thousand on her.
between repairs and modifications better have a little money to spend!
the good thing is there are some wise people in this forum that will try and help ya out (just need to have some thick skin in this forum) ;-}

Old 01-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Default answers to your Query

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Many people have only had one or the other so can't really address your questions. I have had all of them but need more information from you. What is your budget? How many people/much stuff do you haul around? How important is gas mileage to you?
Don't haul any big cargo on the daily. just looking to carry some big wood piles a few times a year and have an off road vehicle when I go camping a couple times a year. Gas mileage is really not that important to me. I currently have a 2010 Honda accord EX and spend maybe $30 a week, so I'm expecting that to double or triple. So dropping $90 a week would be a lot more than usual, but if that's what it takes then so be it lol.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Default thanks man

Originally Posted by hum4me
Here is an opinion have you ever owned aboat before because its the same thing. Your aboat to throw another thousand on her.
between repairs and modifications better have a little money to spend!
the good thing is there are some wise people in this forum that will try and help ya out (just need to have some thick skin in this forum) ;-}
lol love the pun, and np with the think skin here. I would have no problem doing some repairs and mods. my cousin is a master mechanic and he is adept at many things and has worked on hummers before. I would have him in my back pocket to handle everything and trust him completely.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Between the two I would go H2 if fuel isn't an issue. They are more comfortable, tow more, have more cargo room for camping gear, etc