PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on GM Supplier Discount

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Default RE: Question on GM Supplier Discount

GM Supplier is below dealer invoice -- don't waste your time or the dealerships time by trying to haggle, because the Supplier price will be lower than anything they offer. Keep in mind the rebates are good w/ supplier pricing as well. Tell them upfront and you'll have a quick and painless (and cheaper) purchase process.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:42 AM

i tested hummer guy's theory recently, and he is correct. i went to 2 other dealer's with the quote from my original dealer. i purposely did not disclose the supplier discount info when showing them the quote. neither of the 2 could even match it. it was about $3K under msrp and pretty close to invoice (+/- a little). my 2 cents: just go w/ the supplier discount. it is very painless.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Wrongway1

I'm looking at getting HUMMER #2 in the spring. Anybody know if you can use your GM card points & the GM Discount??
ORIGINAL: j3jackson

I got the GM discount, dad retired from GM, and used the rebate from the GM credit card. You can do both.
It may be the difference in the supplier discount and the employee discount, or the type of GM card. Here's how it worked for me.

I was not able to get the supplier discount and the points from the GM card (BTW there are two types of GM card programs, I was using the old one that maxes out at $3000 or $3500).
This came up when I was ready to sign papers and the finance manager offered to take $500 off the sticker price since I couldn't get the supplier discount. After I stopped laughing enough that I could talk, I got the General Sales Manager in and we negotiated a price based on there profit with the Supplier Discount and there profit based on invoice and hold back.

I paid about $150 more than with the Supplier Discount, but still under invoice.

It would be interesting to find out if they could both be used together, but in my case it didn't end up making much difference.

BTW:Nost ofthese numbers are on the invoice. The first thing I do when I start negotiating a car deal is ask for the invoice. It gives you a lot of information to work with.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:04 PM

My dealer showed me thevehicle's MSO?? It shows both the invoice, the employee discount price, and the GSM which is 4% higher.. Correct??

Old 12-26-2007, 09:35 PM

Thanks to all here on the forum!!! I bought the Alpha with the Supplier discount. I want to thank you all for the great discussions and all the advice. The whole process was actually very painless especially utilizing the discount. The MSRP was almost 41k. With the Supplier Discount it was reduced to roughly$38,500. I also recieved the $2,500 in rebates which brought the sale price to 36k. The sales manager actually threw in an extra $1000 in special incentives and I was out the door at 35k. All I can say is that I love this baby! I will get some pics and post soon.

Thanks again!

Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Supplier is easy - it's right on the invoice, and the dealer has to give you that price. The $1000 is the bonus cash that is out right now for the December push. They say on the commercials it's for accessories, but it's will also work for the vehicle purchase price.