PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about slantbacks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Default Question about slantbacks!

Hi all

H1s are probably one of the coolest trucks on this planet. Thing is, my favorite look is the slantback version that was produced in very small amounts for god knows what reason... I found one on eBay that looks mighty nice, but damn is it expensive.

I did some searching and found a conversion kit from a place called "CAGold" or something like that which had a slantback conversion kit for regular H1s. Would this conversion kit look as nice on a normal H1 as an authentic slantback does?

Cheers

Old 05-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Default RE: Question about slantbacks!

its CALGold and honestly i have never seen one in person(both the slantback and the conversion kit) but i have seen them both online in pictures and I believe they have 2 different versions of this conversion one that has the slantback door that just goes to the tailgate(so you open the back 2 ways open the tailgate and open the top half of the slantback door which most people will know is a conversion since the real ones are all one door. but i believe the calgold also has another version which makes it all one door which removes the slantback which definately makes it look more authentic but closer look im sure you could tell the difference
also with the conversions they come in the 4dr hardtop conversion which will make the slantback area its own area because you cannot remove the back wall well not without some modification/fabrication. so thats a draw back to it as well also the opentop version the one i was to get makes the roof 2 inches higher than a real slantback due to it having to go over the rollbar which is 2 inches higher than the hardtop h1s so thats another way to tell but with the open top you dont have the wall problem.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Default RE: Question about slantbacks!

From the outside, the CalGold caps look very good, depending upon the quality of the paint job you do, of course.

They do not look identical to a factory slantback, as you will read in other threads, but they do look quite good when installed properly and finished well.
Interior is another story - you would have to do a lot of work to make the interior look as finished as a factory truck once you installed one of these caps.