PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quality h3 mesh grill

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Default RE: quality h3 mesh grill

Looks good but it might be a bug magnet. I'd want heavy gauge stuff that wouldn't bend easily. I've always wondered if mesh grills were noisier at freeway speeds. Seems to me that they'd really roar at 70mph. Anyone know?

Old 09-09-2006, 12:44 AM

I doubt you would notice any increase in noise from the driver's seat over the rest of the vehicle. As for the bug issue, If you ever get a chance to look closely at the grill of a square hood Peterbilt truck, you will find that the grill slots are actually very small. Most semi trucks have a screen either in front of the grille or behind it. This is the same stuff you find in the screen door, so you have an idea of the size of holes in it. The purpose of the screen is to prevent the radiator from getting plugged up with bug guts. Out of all of the driving I have done over this great nation, and the one due North of here, the worst I ever saw for bugs is about this time of year in Klamath Falls, OR. A long time ago, some bone head imported a bunch of green bugs that have no natural enemies in the area. They get so thick around now that they can cover your grille, windshield and bumper with a layer of bug guts about a quarter of an inch thick and transform whatever color your vehicle was to a puke green color. The screen is what keeps everything good, because you can clean it. The grille just looks nasty, but doesnt get plugged with the bugs.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:56 PM

I have both the upper and lower grill inserts like in the first picture.They're made by Grillcraft and are real nice. NOTgutter screen like the Ebay ones.

They are heavy guage and made very well. I think they look great.

I'm very happy with them.