Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Production Date Info: (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/production-date-info-10876/)

jarbot 03-21-2008 03:32 PM

Production Date Info:

So i wanted to start a forum dedicated only to the release information surrounding the HX Concept,... when it will come out, dates,... speculation is welcom but hard core facts and investigation is preferred.... i need to get something to replace my falling apart 97Jeep TJ that has faithfully surved me for so many years and i want to know how many bandaids i will need to keep applying to hold it together until THIS hummer HX concept actually hitst he streets,...

so lets get started,... [:'(]

PS hummer stole the design from me,... they saw my jeep rolling down the street and said,.. yup thats what we need to make our next hummer into,... but do i get any credit,... NOPE (PS and i am an Aerspace Engineer :eek:,... I should have been on the design team,...)

[X(]

GorillaH2 03-21-2008 08:00 PM

RE: Production Date Info:

I have no idea when it could go into production, but I think around 2010 or 2011

HummBob 03-21-2008 10:13 PM

The SOONER, The BETTER!!!!

rhill20 03-21-2008 11:53 PM

The more that I look at it, the more that I like it.

jarbot 03-22-2008 09:58 PM

oh,... yeah just to end the debate this isnt the greates pic of my jeep but it gives enough to tell that i designed the new hummer years agor. notice the 45 Degree angle slope on the rear part of the top, almost idential fender flares,... lol,.. you dont knotice the 4.5 inch lift and 33 inch tires or many other adds but yeah i was planning for this hummer concept years ago,... to bad i never patented the concept,... lol bummer,...

maye ill add more pics later,...

[IMG]local://upfiles/4490/CEFD957FBFA84F56A3403F1376411942.jpg[/IMG]

RICKNICKS 03-24-2008 09:09 AM

Greenwood Hummer in Youngstown where I go for service told me that the HX -which will be the new H4 will be in their showroom and on sale next july. They also said base price would be starting in the low to mid $20,000s

Trey124 03-24-2008 10:24 AM

I can't wait to order mine.

3hummers 03-24-2008 01:10 PM

If that is true I'm going down and putting a deposit down now. I want the first one in SoCal.

Perv3rse 03-27-2008 02:01 AM

I was watching various videos on Youtube, in which the Hummer rep said production was not likely until 2010 or 2011. So good luck on that next year projection. I'd love to get one too but it looks like we'll have to wait a little bit longer.

HummBob 03-27-2008 02:03 AM

DAMN IT!!!!

I want it NOW!!!![:@]

3hummers 03-27-2008 08:50 AM

I talked to one of the local dealers here and they did not have release information yet on the HX.

blackbear 03-27-2008 07:37 PM

Have a look at this website, notice how it says 2009 HX reserve yours today!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this is a joke, BUT!!!!!! at the bottom of the page it says:

RESERVE YOUR TODAY!

Fill out the form below and North Bay HUMMER will notifiy you when the first 2009 HX arrives in our showroom. Thank you.

http://www.northbayhummer.com/2009_HX.asp

3hummers 03-27-2008 08:07 PM

Lots of specific information. They must have a pretty good idea that are going to turn out like that.

rhill20 03-29-2008 08:47 PM

I'm going to go check my dealerships website

3hummers 03-29-2008 09:12 PM

I talked to April at NorthBay and they are taking a wait list for delivery this Fall. I put my name on it for the hell of it. We will see.

rhill20 03-29-2008 10:32 PM

I checked, my dealers website just tells you all about it with pics. No mention of a release date or waiting list:eek:

3hummers 03-30-2008 12:24 AM

I will get one whenever they come out. Put my name down but doubt I will get one from them. They just seem to be ahead of the curve on info.

BMJM100 04-04-2008 11:33 AM

RICKNICKS, Greenwood Hummer in Youngstown where I go for service told me that the HX -which will be the new H4 will be in their showroom and on sale next july. They also said base price would be starting in the low to mid $20,000s

I heard that exact same info from my hummer dealer here in Ma. The only thing I did not hear was the price. But that sounded good to me on what you quoted, although my H3 started at $29K for base price and when I was done it was a hair under $40K

White08H3 04-04-2008 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: BMJM100

RICKNICKS, Greenwood Hummer in Youngstown where I go for service told me that the HX -which will be the new H4 will be in their showroom and on sale next july. They also said base price would be starting in the low to mid $20,000s

I heard that exact same info from my hummer dealer here in Ma. The only thing I did not hear was the price. But that sounded good to me on what you quoted, although my H3 started at $29K for base price and when I was done it was a hair under $40K
One of the Hummer dealerships (actually a chevy dealership, but has Hummer too) that I service, said they were expecting the H4 or the "HX"later in '09/early '10, but they didn't have a definite answer yet. They had no idea on price except "around what the H3 is we would think".

Hummer Guy 04-04-2008 03:45 PM

I'm really surprised that a dealership has anything on their site regarding a timeline and waiting list for a vehicle that hasn't even been announced yet.

They'll get a few hits, then will string customers along by saying "it was delayed, it will be another year or two, but we'll hold your info until then," when it was never 2009 to begin with.

3hummers 04-04-2008 11:18 PM

Brian, I have been hearing that the HX is on hold the last few days. You heard anything like that? What is your best guess for the Hx hitting the market?

blackbear 04-05-2008 07:46 PM

I think everybody is jumping on the ban wagon, you would think GM would announce the release date if it was any time soon.

http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_HX_A...ries_s/189.htm

3hummers 04-06-2008 12:51 AM

Whenever it is isn't soon enough.

Hummer Guy 04-07-2008 08:12 AM

The absolute earliest would be 2010 as a 2011 model -- some projections I've heard are further out than that.

3hummers 04-07-2008 01:37 PM

Hope not but thanks for the info.

ockie 09-24-2008 06:19 PM

26 June 2009, don't ask me how I know, I just know ;)

One hint, Transformers 2, the Hx/Camaro is going to be the big feature in the movie, similar to what Matrix did with Cadillac Escallade and CTS (GM is very well known for releasing cars on movie dates).

3hummers 09-25-2008 12:04 AM

GM announced they were putting the HX on hold months ago.

Loit 09-25-2008 12:59 PM

Hello everyone, new to the forums here. Registered due to the HX.

I have always admired Hummers from a far, but never felt the overwhelming sensation or need to put myself in one ... until now.

Never knew or heard anything about the HX untill yesterday (thanks to yahoo homepage).
Literally ONE look and i was blown away. Was rather upset to find out that it is only in concept stage because after seeing this beast,
i was(am) completely ready to give up my FJ to get one of these.

Im not knocking my FJ, i gotta admit i Love it (my favorite vehicle i have ever owned actually), but i will let it go to get one of these HXs without hesitation.

If the production model stays very true to form of the concept, then this WILL be my first Hummer!

I am a very patient person normally, but i feel like anxious teenager after seeing the pics of this pearler of a machine! I am ready to get one now!

3hummers 09-25-2008 07:36 PM

Lots of us would write the check now for the HX. The concept is awesome. Unfortunately Detroit is real bad about floating a concept for market reaction and then building something significantly different. never understood that.

Loit 09-25-2008 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Unfortunately Detroit is real bad about floating a concept for market reaction and then building something significantly different. never understood that.
Wow, that is horrible! I don't understand that either. I can honestly say that if this get changed very much, i will probably just stick with my FJ. (unless the changes made it even more badass, but i bet most changes on concepts ususally go the other direction and end uptoning it down, ey?)

The only changes that i would like to see done to it are...
1.- Make it to where a special tool is infact needed to remove the "modular" flares over the wheels, rather than being a "no tool needed" feature which makes yourHX extremely vulnerable to theft or vandalism.

2.- I personally do not like the flooring inside the cabin at all. That spotted speckled look reminds me of the carpet you would see in a game arcade or chucky cheese, lol. Just my opinion.

These points being said, i gotta admit that neither of these issues would prevent me from purchasing this vehicle as is, right now.

ockie 09-27-2008 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Lots of us would write the check now for the HX. The concept is awesome. Unfortunately Detroit is real bad about floating a concept for market reaction and then building something significantly different. never understood that.
I'm actually trading my hummerinand am negotiating possiblyon a new one (sadly, it may be a different car this time around, unless the hx comes out before my determined date). I would write a check right now if they can guarantee the date and production model.

Oh yeah, you mean like the Chevy Volt? What a joke that was... I actually had a dealer notified for one until the official car was leaked.... sigh. The concept blew people away, same with the specs... now it's a damn Honda Civic Hybrid lookalike[:@]

rob85635 10-08-2008 09:06 PM

I thought GM was selling the Hummer name and everything with it. ??

3hummers 10-11-2008 11:05 PM

Trying to

hummer07 10-20-2008 08:53 AM

yes i will have to get me one i love it the design is so awsome , Ill get the base model, it will be awsome I know

MAXXFJ 12-13-2008 11:00 AM

This will be the section I spend most of my time on. I don't have a Hummer now. I drive a Toyota FJ that is modified a bit to make it alittle better in the woods. When this hit's the street's/ Trails I'll have one. I've had this type of design for the Hummer in my head since the first time I ever saw one, like a dream come true. Looking forward to getting a true release date.

hummer hx 07-07-2009 06:28 PM

hummer hx

ive searched around everywhere for info on this car and what i found was that its supposed to be released late 2009 or early 2010 its supposed to be priced in the mid 20 thousand and get 23-28 mpg i agree with the guy who said that the parts will likely get jacked rite off the car also theres no radio?!?! all that technology and they cnt put in a radio and xm or sumthin also i think they should deffinetly change the floor patter its supposevly durable rubber floor with a camo patter why not just one color i think the seats should be scapped as well you cant adjust them at all and they should come in colors just my opinion i still want one tho

IdahoH3 07-25-2009 03:34 PM

The last I saw on the HX was a projected launch of 2012, if it comes out at all. With the sale of Hummer to the Japanese company they might push the date further out or nix it all together. They would be stupid to not produce it, in my opinion.

openendstraight 08-22-2009 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by ockie (Post 191679)
26 June 2009, don't ask me how I know, I just know ;)

One hint, Transformers 2, the Hx/Camaro is going to be the big feature in the movie, similar to what Matrix did with Cadillac Escallade and CTS (GM is very well known for releasing cars on movie dates).

Well, I wont ask.

Mmagus 08-24-2009 12:58 AM

Many inside scoops. Including the sale of Hummer to a company in China can be found here http://www.hummerguy.net/

sgtmorris3404 10-03-2009 01:21 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the civilian style hummer... rode in quite a few military style. Anyhow, I've developed a new site called hummerhxproduction.com it's still int he works, but it'll have a forum, galleries, and login area. It's meant to create more buzz about the vehicle and hopefully get that thing produced ASAP!