PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Problems with the H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Default Problems with the H3

I am new to this forum and just bought a H3. From the posts I have read, I am disappointed to hear that so many people are having problems, especially the door crack and misfiring piston. What really bothers me is the way the dealers are handling these problems and taking up to one month to fix some of them. For future reference, I guess when and not if these problems occur what kind of actions can I take. Should the dealer provide a rental while the car is being fixed?? If the car is leased, should they pro-rate my montly payment is the car is in the shop for a month? What things can I demand from the dealer and what am I likely to receive. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Default RE: Problems with the H3

ORIGINAL: bigbanana

I am new to this forum and just bought a H3. From the posts I have read, I am disappointed to hear that so many people are having problems, especially the door crack and misfiring piston. What really bothers me is the way the dealers are handling these problems and taking up to one month to fix some of them. For future reference, I guess when and not if these problems occur what kind of actions can I take. Should the dealer provide a rental while the car is being fixed?? If the car is leased, should they pro-rate my montly payment is the car is in the shop for a month? What things can I demand from the dealer and what am I likely to receive. Any help would be appreciated.
First of all; lose the assumption anything is going to malfuntion on your H3 (those issues with the molding is coming to a complete fix..Less than a 100 engines have had this problem nation wide..There ain't a car made that is flawless)...
Secondly; Most dealers will bend over backwards to make sure you're treated right, and if your's does go in for service..a loaner will be provided by GM..
And Last; An attitude with the Service guys right off the bat, will cinch the fact you'll be getting crappy service.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:47 PM

Keep in mind that these are mechanical things, and not all mechanical things function as they should, even if they are made with the same parts from the same assembly line. One person's pronblems isn't necissarily indicative of problems with all of them. There is always a small percentage of faulty units. I haven't experienced anything wrong with mine, although I did have my dealer look into a couple of things that at first struck me as odd. Out of the thousand or so (my guess) H3's that have been sold since introduction, the handfull that have had problems seem to be few and far between. Just remember that this stuff is like the news: bad stuff makes the headlines, good stuff is on the last page, if mentioned at all.
Also a lot of what you read is because of poor dealership customer service. If the dealership got right on the problem and fixed it right the first time, a lot of the complaining you see wouldn't be here. In the end, though, I do see a trend of the story making it's way to the top at GM and the problem being resolved correctly, albiet late.
My dealership is fantastic. I have talked with the service manager in person 2-3 times since I bought my H3 in December, and when I called him yesterday for a technical "what-if" question I only gave him my first name and my type of vehicle and he asked if my last name was "so-and-so" and if my vehicle was green. The man was right on. Every service has been done flawlessly, and they are always on time. I had the 5 cab lights installed, and when I wasn't initially satisfied, they took the vehicle and made the adjustments and then verified there would never bee an issue with it again before giving it back to me. I have full and complete confidance in my dealership and my service department.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:58 PM

one thing to keep in mind is that it's human nature to speak out when you're unhappy. that's what drives peoples' emotions. most people that are content tend to enjoy it, and don't necessarily feel the need to vent. enjoy your vehicle, and if you're unlucky enough to be one of the few, try to ride it out, accept that it wasn't done on purpose, and enjoy the ride when it comes back.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 PM

My H3 dealership has been 1st Class. The problems I have had were resolved quickly, to my satisfaction & vehicle was made available until my was ready. I like the H3 as much now as when I bought.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:16 AM

Thanks everyone for their input. Its true only the bad news makes it on the front page. Hopefully I won't experience to many problems with my new ride. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:21 AM

Thanks everyone for their input. Its true only the bad news makes it on the front page. Hopefully I won't experience to many problems with my new ride. Thanks.

WHAT ARE YOU DREAMING WITH A NAME LIKE THAT MAYBEY YOU SHOULD GET A H1 THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BIG

Old 04-07-2006, 03:09 PM

UPDATE:
Car is going back to shop tuesday, replacing the roof rails, back trunk area molds, and many others. Yesterday for the second time I got the message "Stability System Failed, Traction Failed, Service 4Xdrive" they fixed this about a month ago....... Now I get rattles and squeeks all over the car after they pulled the car apart so many times. Wipers worked on 5 times and still no different then at day 1. Sunroof replaced 3 times and now no rattle, but its installed all crooked..... when i asked to get fixed they told me its ok it wont leak or make windnoise..... I have a feeling that's the only way they are able to fix the rattle in the sunroof and they playing stupid. I am starting a case with Lemon Law...... I think Dennis or someone told me to get a lawyer...... can you look at www.mylemon.com ?? that seems to be a firm that settles all leman law cases absolutely free of charge to consumer, win or lose. And they file all the paperwork after reviewing my case....... Is this something good or is it some dealer rip off website ?? should I just call a lawyer and take it from there.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Raffi76

UPDATE:
Car is going back to shop tuesday, replacing the roof rails, back trunk area molds, and many others. Yesterday for the second time I got the message "Stability System Failed, Traction Failed, Service 4Xdrive" they fixed this about a month ago....... Now I get rattles and squeeks all over the car after they pulled the car apart so many times. Wipers worked on 5 times and still no different then at day 1. Sunroof replaced 3 times and now no rattle, but its installed all crooked..... when i asked to get fixed they told me its ok it wont leak or make windnoise..... I have a feeling that's the only way they are able to fix the rattle in the sunroof and they playing stupid. I am starting a case with Lemon Law...... I think Dennis or someone told me to get a lawyer...... can you look at www.mylemon.com ?? that seems to be a firm that settles all leman law cases absolutely free of charge to consumer, win or lose. And they file all the paperwork after reviewing my case....... Is this something good or is it some dealer rip off website ?? should I just call a lawyer and take it from there.

raffi do you have a loan out with a bank

Old 04-07-2006, 04:09 PM

Yes I am financing about half of the cost through Chase

Quick Reply: Problems with the H3