PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price negociations

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Default Price negociations

How close to invoice can you get on an H3 ?

Should I look at an 06 or wait for 07 with the bigger motor and a little more power ?

Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Default RE: Price negociations

If I were you right now..I would wait till 07 comes out.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 AM

i'd wait for the 07. although they are supose to be a few thousand more. the engine might be a lot better and who knows what else. then again. it could end up the first model engine and have a bunch of problems like new cars do. hmmm. so much to think about.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 AM

on the other hand, once the lots start to fill up with the 07's you should be able to really get good deals on leftover 06's

Old 07-28-2006, 01:09 AM

I agree on the 06 good deal's , they are already setting wheel's in motion with the 0% financing to get rid of 06's. Once the lot's fill up with 07's they will offer the same good deal's to keep people wanting to buy.

When are the 07's hitting ? How much more hp is the new motor ? I think it's going from a 3.5 to a 3.7 correct ???? What are they thinking with such a little jump ? Why the hell don't they offer a 6 cyl. like the 275hp in the Tblazer or what ever it is. It would make it so much more appealing. I understand the inline motor because or torque benefits. When I test drove that was the only thing holding me back was the power ( no offense to anyone ) but coming off a V8 tahoe it was such a huge difference.

What are they trying to accomplish with this small engine ?

Old 07-28-2006, 01:36 AM

honestly fallz, I was coming off a v8 tahoe also and a v10 dodge, the power is "different" but not that bad at all. Jus tthat the power band is not the same as a v8.

I think the 07 will have 20 or so more hp and there are dealers that have a few in stock already. Saw pictures of tehm from a poster on another board.

I tow a 21' bass boat 150 miles a week with no problem at all, never go below 70 MPH and the auto trans downshifts going uphill very nicely. My boat is over 27' long from trailer tongue to end of the motor so it's a big rig. I was very surprised at the ease in which it towed. Gotta remember the h3 only has a I5 but the torque numbers ain't that shabby.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:44 AM

My dealer dealed a little, but not like I expected. We really had to work to get them down. We have only one Hummer dealer here, so they know that you really don't have any options, except them. We pretty much made it clear that we wouldn't buy unless we thought we were getting a good buy.

We were thinking of waiting for the 07's, but with the 0% deal, and the reduction in price, we figured we would save money by getting an 06 now. One thing to think about on waiting on the 06's to go down even cheaper is, .. what will be left to pick from? True you may get a slightly better deal. But, will they have anything you really want? Colors.. options & packages.. we had a hard enough time finding the color we wanted (and actually had to settle for our second color choice) with an adventure package, and other options that we wanted (roof rail airbags were a must for us). With two kiddos riding around with the wife, I wanted every available safety option I could get. Anyway, my point is, it is possible to wait too long, and not have much to pick through. There is always someone willing to go buy, sooner than you are. If you wait too long, you may be better off getting an 07.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:47 AM

depends on location also fireman, my hummer dealer still has over 200 h3's on the lot. when the 07's come in they will still have a ton of 06's to choose from. but you are right, you always take a gamble on waiting but that gamble could save you thousands in a best case scenario, worst case scenario, you don't find an 06 you want and get an 07 which he was thinking about anyway...win win.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:51 AM

I agree with importkiller. I think the power is way under rated. True it's no strip burner, but it will hold it's own for everyday driving. I had no problems getting mine up to speed out on the highway with the family inside along with luggage etc. All vehicles could always stand to have more power in my book... but I think stock power is respectable. I plan to make up the difference (compared to the 07's) via an intake and new exhaust. That should put me either over, or near the 07's power, but for a fraction of the cost. Now, it's true I could do the same to a 07, for more gains, but at what cost when you take away the 0%, and the additional sticker, plus the intake/exhaust modes?

I think we'll be more than content with our little H3, and whatever power it makes when we're done. The money I will prbably save will likely pay for the majority of my upgrades, if not all.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

depends on location also fireman, my hummer dealer still has over 200 h3's on the lot. when the 07's come in they will still have a ton of 06's to choose from.
Yeah, our dealership has a buttload too. They have a full lot (away from the main lot) and yet they still had to get one 800 miles away, just to get the options we wanted etc. Sometimes the lot is just full of the same ol thing, over and over, in different colors. In our case, they had VERY FEW that had the two tone interior. That wasn't something my wife wanted back off on. She was against the solid black. It's her H3, so I wanted her to be happy. We also both agree that the chrome package makes us want to vomit (no offense to anyone). Needless to say, they still couldn't accomidate us, even with a very large, full lot. I depends on if you want to compramise on prefference, and when I buy something I plan to keep, I choose not to. If I'm going to pay 30,000 plus, then I want, what I want... or I'll wait.

Quick Reply: Price negociations