PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Predator Motorsports Rip Off

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Predator Motorsports Rip Off

Ok...here we go!!!

I was NOT embezzling money, I was NOT fired and I do NOT steal or make things up. Oh, and I STILL work for my ex-husband. Be careful to what you say, slander to save your company or reputation will not be tolerated on my part either, facts are facts. My ex-husband and I came into Predator Motorsports together, many times as he felt Predator was taking advantage of me and not doing what they promised. NO threats were ever made, we tried to be nice and was nice to them even after all the money, time and inconviences we had to be towed in from the desert, the mountains, pismo beach and so on. Not to mention most of the time I went to pick up my hummer from thier shop, the hummer wouldn't even make it 20 miles down the road and I would be calling them.The transfer case didn't even have oil in it when they rebuilt it, how can they blame me?
My hummer is NOT a 2003 but a 2005 and it doesNOT have a 8"+ lift, it has a6" BulletProof lift. I did havePredator install a supercharger andthey told me they had to rebuild the transmission so that it could handle the torque of the horsepower, I agreed. Ever since theyinstalled this, the transmission overheated to the point of boiling over and the serpentine belts shredded. And I just recentlylearned that the transmission did NOT have to be rebuilt,the supercharger and the transmission just needed to be programmed. I am NOT the bad guy or girl as I should be called, I have never been mean to Predator or made threats other than the fact that they have not given me back the parts where the chrome peeled off on the running boards and other chargers where they have not done what was promised.

I have taken my hummer to Custom Motorsports and they had fixed all the things that Predator couldn't/wouldn't. My hummer is up and running...NOW!

Read on for yourselves, looks like Predator just put thier foot in thier mouth when they posted untruths here in the forum to cover up what they really did.
To: grly2play4ever@aol.com, lastof9dgls@aol.com, glamisgrl4ever@yahoo.com, riverguy2play@aol.com
CC: josh@predatormotorsports.com, customerservice@predatormotorsports.com, nyela@predatormotorsports.com, accounting@predatormotorsports.com
Sent: 7/31/2008 6:09:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
Subj: RE: Hummer

[/align]

Dear Bel,

Our warranty does not cover the engine belt, nor does it cover towing, shipping etc of your vehicle. We will not be covering the charges to fix your Hummers serpentine belt. If you feel that the supercharger caused it, I suggest that you contact Magnuson Products.

We have decided to not service your Hummer because you continue to blame all of your problems on us, including your job loss. You stated at one point that we “stole” money from you and over charged you. When we supplied all associated bills etc to you and your son, we heard nothing back, so we have to assume that everything is correct. You are now stating that you did not authorize one out of several charges to your credit card however you supplied us with this card and authorized us to use it for your purchases with us. We are just tired of being blamed and threatened because of your actions.

Almost a year after you had the work performed and the new items installed you came back upset that you didn’t order certain items as well as wanted back your old items. If you do not pick up your take off parts, we are not responsible to store them for years to come however, we made every effort to help you out by locating and purchasing new items to replace the old and discarded items from the prior year. You also attempted to blame scratches and dents on your vehicle on us almost a year after the service work. I got Josh involved and he stated that several were already there prior to you coming to us. You had asked him if he could remove them. If you recall, we had someone out and he was unable to remove several dents in the vehicle however was able to correct a few in the flat areas. This was explained to you at the time of pick up however a year later you have forgotten this and as it turns out you convinced yourself that we did this. If you recall, after talking to Josh, I was able to refresh your memory regarding the dings.

Last time you were down, you made a comment to your brother that the “wired for sound” sticker on the back window was pealing up and that someone here (at predator) must have tried to peel it off. I understand that when you were down, you were upset however you were looking for problems and looking to place blame for every issue your truck had on us. I didn’t respond because of how ridicules your accusation was. The reason your sticker was coming off was that it was placed on the rear roll down window. When the window is rolled down, it catches on the seal, pealing the sticker back.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter what we do or don’t do, you will always be looking for a problem and someone to be blamed, even a year or two down the road as such is the case.

Regarding the transmission, we had a transmission company come out to test the system. Everything tested perfectly fine. His recommendation was to install a larger cooler due to the oversize lift, tires and towing application you have with your truck. Additionally, we have recommended that the gearing be changed several times to reduce the load on the transmission. We installed a larger transmission cooler about two months ago, at our expense to make you happy. We again tested the system and found that the transmission was operating perfect. When we handed the keys over to you, you stated that you would be going out to the river that weekend and that you would call if there was a problem. We have not heard from you for almost two months which would be ample time to test the system and report back if there were any problems. To date we have heard of no problems with the transmission.

Once I receive the running boards back from the chrome platter, I will ship them to you.

Regards,

Ryan Wilson
Predator Motorsports
760-734-1749 Phone
760-874-2973 Fax
www.predatormotorsports.com
[/align][/align]

Old 01-06-2009, 10:08 PM

I honestly am not this monster bit*h that Predator is making me out to be. Predator has had my running boards and parts since April 2008 and I have not been able to get anyone at Predator to tell me where they are or if I will ever see them. I did not post here for mine or anyone's entertainment but just to allow others to hear my experience and take caution when dealing with a company that does not do good business.

Also, it seems unfair to me that I had to hire another company to fix what someone else screwed up, it costs me thousands!!!

Respectfully,

Bel

Old 01-06-2009, 10:58 PM

Hey Bel, it does appear that they owe you some running boards and he has even implied that in their email. However, you need to understand that when you modify a vehicle beyond stock, something else will then become the weak link. Even just a small change like the tire diameter can affect: speedo calibration, transmission temps and extra load on the entire drivetrain and steering, lower MPG, lower overall performance and the list goes on & on. Let me just tell you that when you started making these mods, you have to learn to play with the big boys and accept much of the responsibility yourself. I'm sorry and know you are frustrated. Why isn't your husband more involved and helping you plan out these mods? Most guys would be all over this stuff. I would love it if my girl were into this kind of thing. There are lots of people on these forums that are good at this and love helping people when it's someone elses money at stake

I am an Engineer/Architect and take pride and designing and planning mods that work well together. There are many of us out here willing to help. I don't recall seeing you on any of the H2 forums asking for help. The only way to keep on top of these mods and plan accordingly in today's world is to use the internet forums. You then have to take everything with a grain of salt. Saying that, Predator has a pretty darn good reputation so with only your one single complaint, unfortunately it is looking like you are not accepting your part of the responsibility and are being slightly (please dont get offended and I really mean this sincerely) hard to deal with as a customer.

Can both you and Predator agree to let's start over from ground zero? I want to start off with you accepting the responsibility that you have modded this poor H2 way beyond where it was meant to go. Second, I want Predator to send you the running boards. Third, I want you to highlight all of your concerns to them and they can tell you what you need to do to get where you need to be to make it reliable. You have to take their advice and your vehicles reliability will be greatly improved. It sounds to me like you need to start off changing out the front/rear gears to relieve some drivetrain and transmission stress. This will probably also take some stress off of the transfer case as well.

If you'd like, you can do all of this on the forum to get some assistance and third party input. I will be glad to help! PM me if needed...

Remember, we have to be good customers too! This requires honesty, responsibility and unfortunately we must do out homework. We can't expect them to recieve training, work all day and also browse the internet now can we?

BTW, yes I have a life - it's just that I also have OCD

Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 PM

Im tired of seeing my sister-inlaw crying over what Predator has done to her. She is a great person that got screwed. The last time she took her hummer back to Predator for the transmission overheating she asked me to go with her. Before we went I called my transmisson guy and asked him why it would overheat. He said that it had to be programed, and a bigger cooler put on itto handle the suppercharger, now that it had more horsepower. When we went to Predator I talked to Ryan ( I guess he is one of the owners) about the problem. When I started to ask him questions he looked like a deer cought in headlights. He would not look me in the eye when I contiuned to quesstion him.How can theydo this work and not stand behind what they do, are they not proud of what they do for a living? I just wish they would step up and give her all ofher stuff back.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 AM

Hi Tomp!!! First off, I am not nor have I ever been a tuff customer to anyone. Yes, I am frustrated, angry and mystified to say the very least. 25K seems to do that to a person when they feel walked on and taken advantage of, how many of you would agree? I am not here to argue with anyone, like I said...I was only posting my experience and at first it was a good one with so many promises. It doesn't take a man or husband to handle a project, it's mine and if you read it right, you would have noticed that I am divorced and do not have a husband. Even if I did, the hummer is mine and I want to do what I want to do, good or bad, my mistakes.

My father built his own car from scratch at the age of 75, using his own two hands and furthermore, restored many old cars, his hobby. I am not just a dumb girl with a dream.
I understand that when you start modifying and making changes, that more and more problems appear. But, with a highly diversified company such as Predator, I thought I was in good hands, they talk the talk, until they get your money and have no answers and walk, withoutexplaining why they do what they do, why?

As for my Hummer now, it is one of a kind, very unique and most of the bugs are worked out of it, thanks to "Custom Motorsports." Ask them if I am a "difficult" customer.Of course I had to pay for what Predator was paid to do and never did, but that's beside the point, right Tomp....the money tree in the back yard grows daily. I. too am OCD, and I don't do yardwork so I guess I'm screwed again, lol.

Putting that aside, how many times have you placed your precious hummer in the hands of Predator? I am not being snide here, but arbitraitor you're not, sorry. And from people I talk to that is in this business, Predator does NOT have a good reputation, and they don't post on this forum, just like I didn't for a long time (I didn't even know this existed). How do you know whether I modified this "poor" hummer as you called it beyond where it's suppose to go? Most of everything I have done to my hummer is purely for show, decor as I call it others say "bling". Everywhere I go, it gets attention and people take out thier camera's and yes, I have an offer for a movie for it's appearance. Thank you for pointing out that I can get advice here....so here is my question....where can I get a Superman shifter?

I have to get off of here, I must go embezzle more money at work, gotta love my ex-husband, lol....now I made myself laugh!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 AM

I didn't mean to imply you were dumb Sassy Girl. Heck, I look for third party input myself and use the internet everyday.

What the heck is a superman shifter? You talking a superman "S" symbolic shifter for your tranny? ...and if you speak in riddles/code like me - then you will find it the same place I find Catwoman's Trunk.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM

You can leave the "SASSY" girl part, that describes me to a T.

Yes, a Superman "S" logo shifter thingy that shifts the tranny!!! In chrome please, lol.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:07 PM

Bel,
At this point we feel this is not the place to have this discussion. We have tried to work with you and be nice; however it seems no matter what we do you will never be happy. The email you posted above explains everything to a “T”.

As far as the running boards, those are a custom piece that we made up special for our SEMA H2. At the time they were faulty we took them back and offered you two options. To either replace them under warranty, or refund your money. You chose to have them replaced. This is not an item we neither stock nor sell on our website or everyday. It is custom. We had the running boards re-chromed by chrome billet alliance in Los Angeles and they have a 3 year warranty. As far as the end caps and step plates couldn’t be re-chromed, they had to be re-machined. This takes time. Which we have explained on the phone to you numerous times. The good news is that these parts are finally on there way back to us and we will be able to ship these out this week to you. We will post the UPS Tracking once they ship.

We don’t claim to be perfect, and have done everything we can to make right the challenges that you had after we modified your truck. We “DO” have a very GOOD reputation in the Hummer industry, and stand behind all of our products. If we didn’t we would have went out of business years ago. If you would like to continue this conversation via the phone, please feel free to contact either myself or josh. 760-734-1749.

Wish you the best.

Ryan Wilson
President
Predator Motorsports[/align]

Old 01-07-2009, 12:47 PM

The "sassy" part was intended to stay and only the "dumb" were to be omitted. Notice Sassy Girl was in caps

Is there such a thing as the shifter handle like that - I am wanting one too! You need the "SG" version though so if you find one with an "S" only on it, it is mine!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:49 PM

Great Ryan, so we can resolve the running board thing

So Bel, are there any other outstanding issues that were pointed out within a resonable time period? IE: less than 1-2 years...LOL. Sorry couldn't help that one

Quick Reply: Predator Motorsports Rip Off