PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is it powerful enough

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Default Is it powerful enough

Trying to decide wether to buy tomorrow or not, everything in place. BUT all I keep reading is that it is a dog, drove one but not with a load on it, I trailer a 3800lb boat. Main concern is will it pull it at speed. Presently tow with a 5.3 chevy and it no problem. As of now thinking about canceling and waitng for more power. Need some help here guys

Old 03-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Default RE: Is it powerful enough

Dave..

I completely understand your last minute doubts. But think back on all the things you liked about the H3 that brought you this close to the brink...Make a list of all the good things and all the bad things or least favorite things and weigh the lists. Which list weighs heavier is the question that remains to be answered by YOU..So, if you are one of which that frequently suffers from buyer's remorse..Better really consider this issue with more power a bit closer (aftermarket mods are available for a little more boost)..I did and realized after much internal debate, that this is a 5850lb vehicle with a terrible wind drag coefficient, so why was my expectations so high for speed?..And then it hit me, HP power is secondary to it's living legend with the name HUMMER that transcends this minor insufficiency, but shares a place with it's big brothers that have already impressed into the minds of hundreds of thousands of hot chicks across the globe, that this was a REAL MAN's MACHINE, and an extention of the MAN behind the sterring wheel (except for NASCAR with the size 18 shoes..jeepers!)..After that, the answer was easy...Nothing says it better than, HUMMER![sm=shades.gif]

Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 PM

First post for me

I just picked up my H3 yesterday. I'll tell you I was a little worried about the power before I bought, but I am not to bothered with it (allthough I have only been driving it for two days) I figured that I drive like a granny anyways so I don't need a lot of speed, and the style and comfort of the H3 make up for the lack of power.

Greg

Old 03-17-2006, 12:14 AM

Not worried about speed, have a vette for that. Just wondering if it has the nuts to pull my bassboat up some hills here in NY. thats my concern.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: dave85c4

Not worried about speed, have a vette for that. Just wondering if it has the nuts to pull my bassboat up some hills here in NY. thats my concern.
As long as the boat load with bait doesn't exceed the max tow weight of 4500 lbs..Should be fine.