PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Window Switch Failsafe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Default Power Window Switch Failsafe?

Just wondering if anyone has run into this before. Yesterday the drivers window on my '06 H3 stopped working. A little history of what led up to the failure. I live in Canada and we get snow and cold. We also can get warm weather. Earlier in the week we had a lot of rain and during the day the temperature dropped fast and far. We call it a flash freeze. The H3 became frozen. The doors were difficult to open and I tried to operate the windows and they were frozen. I like to make sure everything works after a sudden freeze. I put the window lock on and for the next few days would try the drivers window once a day. Yesterday the H3 was brought into a warm garage to thaw out the windows.The driver window motor wouldn't operate but in the morning I could here the motor working. I pulled the switch out and started checking for power. Nothing coming out of the switch and everything else checked out. Power, grounds and the window would operate with an external power source. Conclusion: The switch is done. Took the switch apart and cleaned all the contacts with electrical contact cleaner. Didn't fix it. Got home and looked online for a master switch. Decided the stealership was my best choice. This morning, hopped in the truck and headed to the stealer. Still in a morning daze, I went to the drive through to get coffee and the window worked and has been fine since. Is there overload protection built into the printed circuit board of the master switch or is it just a warning of soon to be imminent failure. There is a couple of, what look like, relays on the circuit board.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:25 PM

Wish I could help but I haven't found a fix for it yet. When it's cold outside, my locks, windows and key fob also start acting up. Some days they work.. Some days they don't. Strangest thing.
When the key fob fails to lock doors, the actual door lock buttons on the door panels fail as well.