PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Program Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Default RE: Power Program Calibration

I say if it gives you 20 more hp with 87 octane before any other upgrades its a huge plus! Figure if you can get 20 more hp stock then you should see 40 or so with exhaust and an intake kit. These numbers are just low guesses, I think you will see much better improvents than these. Plus you gotta remember its not just hp numbers that will be improved, you should see more torque...very important if you tow anything and you can also get your tranny shifts improved too...HP numbers IMO are only a small part of the improvements you get with having the PCM remapped.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Patience grasshopper...It'll happen.

Base line is 220bhp....So let's go from there.
Is that from your actual rig, or are you just using the stock publised GM numbers?
Like importkiller says, the torque curve is a item of interest as well.

Old 05-27-2006, 08:52 PM

Just remember the dyno results will show to the ground Horsepower. What that means is that you will see a big difference in HP. Just to give you a idea The Hummer H2 that we place on the dyno made a whoping 158hp to the ground with a rated fly wheel HP of 325! That almost a 50% powertrain loss do to the heavy power absorbing all wheel drive system. I have made a pull with a Hummer H3 already about 6 months ago with a result of 120-128 HP to the ground. So what you will see next week is a stock to the ground pull vs. reprogramed pull. At that point you can do the math and figure out what the increse is at the fly wheel. Please Email me on what type of H3 you would like to see the numbers on first the Adventure package or standard/lux. The numbers will be a little higher on the standard do to the smaller tires. Thanks for all your patients on the dyno results, all wheel dyno are not on every corner.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:28 AM

I'll be selfish and say Adventure Package

Old 05-28-2006, 01:52 PM

I own personaly two Hummer H3's and they are both Adventure packages. I think that would be good to do as well. The calibration will do the same it just might have a bit of a lower HP number. Now that we are able to configure the ECM I am looking into a front and rear gear change. On the Hummer H2 we go from 411:1 to 456:1 and what a difference. The H3 and I think and almost positive has 456:1 stock. If they do have a ring and pinion gear upgrade that would be great for the people who upgrade the overall diameter of there wheels and tire's (35"-37") or for people who just want more snap! I'm sure there is a part avalible. If anyone needs a speedo calibration do to oversized wheels and tire's that can be done as well. If oversized wheels and tire's are installed the H3's transmission line presure should be incresed as well to help eleminate slipage on your transmission clutch band. I also have be working with a comany called Ron Davis Radiator's and they will be making a all aluminum larger size radator and will be a complete factroy replacement with no mod's. There will also be a twin electric fan upgrade that will replace the clutch/electric single fan from the factory. Belive it or not by replacing the clutch fan with an electric fan you will see a tremendous HP gain as well as a quiet H3. The Cadillac Escalade did the same thing from the factroy 05'-06' and what a differance. The Parasitic loss is crazy! Why they put that style fan on a five cylinder motor that has to power a close to 5K vehicle is beyond me. By no means am I bashing the Hummer H3 I love it and have owned three sence it has came out!

Old 05-28-2006, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: jaya

By no means am I bashing the Hummer H3 I love it and have owned three sence it has came out!

I am curious why you have owned so many is shuch a short time. I realise you currently have two in your posession, but what happend to the third one?

Old 05-30-2006, 03:35 PM

I work at Lund Hummer and I get in the Huumer's at GMS pricing. My Wife had a Bolder Grey H3, but she wanted stealth Grey and at the time Stealth Grey was hard to get. So I waited a year and got her the new one along with one for me.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:56 PM

Do you mean slate blue

Stealth Grey is a H2 color

Old 05-30-2006, 05:58 PM

Old H2 dealer dudes still call the H3 colors by what the h2 called them...i.e., Shorty calls Boulder gray, Pewter..Old habits I'll bet.

Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 PM

Here are some very basic results with Stock intake and exhaust, with a slight tweek to run on 89 octane..more final results are coming Thursday with Intake and exhaust up-grades..with extra tweeking on the settings..Remember this is a trial and error process until he finds the perfect balance..But Jay knows there is some interest now in this so he wanted me to publish these, to show progress is being made.

Anyways.. the top pair of lines are the torque curve Red = Totally stock...Blue = Tweeked..and the bottom pair of lines are the HP curve..This was at a holding 3rd gear when this was measured...This was an approx 11 HP increase at the wheels.

Quick Reply: Power Program Calibration