PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Potential New Member

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Default Potential New Member

Hello All,

Let me introduce myself. I'm a single 30 y/o in the US Army. I'm currently stationed in Heidelberg, Germany but I'll be moving to El Paso, TX in July. Right now I drive a 2006 Subaru STI. Needless to say that owning this car in Germany is a blast with the Autobahn and various racing tracks (Nurnbergring & Hockenhiem). But I feel that I'm starting to grow out of the whole "Boy-Ricer/Racer" phase. I'm now looking at getting an SUV. And of course when it comes to SUV's what better choice than a rugged, go-anywhere, all terrain Hummer(H3). I've been researching them for a while and I'm leaning towards getting a 2008 H3x in Carbon Flash metalic.

Now here's my question. From what I've seen the H3X is pretty much an H3 with alot ofthe optionscorrect? What I want is the look of an H3X with the engine from a H3 Alpha. Do you guys now if GM will offer this engine as an option for the H3X in the near future?Thanx for any and allhelp providedfellaz

Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Default RE: Potential New Member

Well the H3X is more geared to the Blingers like HummBob and not the Offroaders.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Definitely! The H3X is more of a pavement princess. For the same money as the H3X (in some cases, less) you can own the '08 H3 Alpha with the V8! If you are looking for something to go off-roading with, stay away from the H3X and go for the Alpha. You will not be dissappointed.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 AM

the x will do fine offroad...same as a base h3 with some bling added.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 AM

Wow! I didn't expect such a quick response here! Great 1st impression

Yeah with the H3X I kinda figured that. I probably won't be doing that much off roading. Probably 85% of the time it'll be on pavement, but from time to time I wouldn't mind getting a little dirty. Plus from what I hear there's a lot open land around El Paso.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Then The X is the way to go as Impy said. It is just a factory semi-bling'ed version of the base H3.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:52 AM

Yeah, it sounds like that's the Hummer for me. Any members here that own one, the H3X that is. Also where's a good place to buy accerrories?

Old 03-20-2008, 09:56 AM

there are a few X's here...they aren't all that popular though. Check out of forum sponcers for any acc. you want...plus tell tehm your a member here and get 10% off!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

The Alphas come pretty loaded up, but I have never done a price comparison between an X and Alpha................anybody?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 AM

Have you looked at the Tactical version? Rugged look, no bling.

I have a base Graphite Lux model (I wanted the leather seats ) -- with no chrome except for the grill and I may remedy that soon.

Quick Reply: Potential New Member