PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this was posted awhile ago, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Default this was posted awhile ago, but.....

we have new peeps now so....

What would you change in your H3? No motor changes allowed...we all know 90% of us would change it

My biggest bitches are supposed to be fixed in late 07 models....no rear child saftey door locks and horrible placement of switches on drivers door. Only other thing that bothers the hell out of me is that there is no way to stop the rear door from opening fully once you start it....my wife ALWAYS backs too far into spaces and we come out from grocery shopping and the damn door has to rest against the handicap sign pole ...I know petty...but it annoys me

Old 11-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Default RE: this was posted awhile ago, but.....

My yougest is olde enough now that I don't have to worry about the door locks, but I too would still like to see them for other parents. I'm getting used to the switches, but yeah, it bugged me at first, but wasn't enough to keep me from getting it.

I'd change the front suspension/axle. Solid front axle with either coils or leaf springs. I would also make the front rear axles more heavy duty to handle larger tires and lockers without breakage worries. I'd get rid of the low slung front mount on the rear spring, I've already hung it up on rock shelves. Front locker standard with adventure package. Tranny cooler standard with tow package (even though I won't tow with it, the 4l60E really should be run with a larger cooler in my opinion). A little more storage space for the little items would be nice in the front drivers passenger area. I run out of space fast with just the console and glove box.

I'd be more than content with that.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:53 AM

You are aware that there is a handy dany little insert for the center console that fits pens, sunglasses and the like really well. Since I got mine, it's the coolest thing in the already ubercool vehicle! I know, I'm cheesey some times, but now that I have a place for all of my junk, I show it off to everyone who gets in because I'm stoked about it. One of my few peeves was easily fixed.

Old 11-18-2006, 02:57 AM

This is not a b1tch...But I would like have had the rear seats lay flatter

Old 11-18-2006, 03:22 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Only other thing that bothers the hell out of me is that there is no way to stop the rear door from opening fully once you start it....my wife ALWAYS backs too far into spaces and we come out from grocery shopping and the damn door has to rest against the handicap sign pole ...I know petty...but it annoys me
Whaatttt!!! You let your wife drive your H????[][][][][][][][][][]

Old 11-18-2006, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: khoolhandz

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Only other thing that bothers the hell out of me is that there is no way to stop the rear door from opening fully once you start it....my wife ALWAYS backs too far into spaces and we come out from grocery shopping and the damn door has to rest against the handicap sign pole ...I know petty...but it annoys me
Whaatttt!!! You let your wife drive your H????[][][][][][][][][][]
[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 11-18-2006, 06:58 PM

with 35's...yup, it's her daily driver Hell she drove my dually with 37's before this truck

Old 11-19-2006, 02:10 AM

I would want more ground clearance under the body. They can do it on the H!, but wont do it on the lessor priced vehicles. The secret is the geared hubs, and they could do a 1:1 ratio and still provide more ground clearance. The Unimogs do that, and they have solid axles.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:39 AM

after driving a rig all day I would of thought you'd be tired of climbing into tall trucks My uncle drove cross country for 27 years and he never owned a truck as his personal car...said the only time he would climb into a truck is if he was getting paid for it.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:15 PM

Actually, I prefer to be in something big and high. I can see over all of the traffic to know what is ahead, and when someone hits you, they go under and you are fine. Your vehicle might be totalled, but you are less likely to be hurt from being impacted by thier car. Besides, the H1's aren't any taller, but they do have more ground clearance under the body.

Quick Reply: this was posted awhile ago, but.....