PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

pop up adds, WTF

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Default pop up adds, WTF

I do understand our sponsors help keep the lights on and milk in the frig.

They drive me F--king nuts almost every time you go switch a page BAM their is as another one !!
For me they actually have an opposite effect for the sponsor. Last week I sent the link to a buddy that just bought an H3, later I asked "did you check out the site? What do you think, did you register?"

His response " f--k no, the pop - ups froze his phone twice, I will just continue to hang on the Jeep forum.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:12 AM

The corvette forum & this forum must have the same owners cause the same thing happens there...these days forums are a business...if you wanna play you gotta pay...

Old 12-25-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
The corvette forum & this forum must have the same owners cause the same thing happens there...these days forums are a business...if you wanna play you gotta pay...
yeah some are, but a majority of their "value" is based on traffic but when they chase away & agitate interested users / browsers that's counter active.

I have been & do participate on countless forums over the years and have never seen anything like it!! These adds are aggressive and severely diminish the content of the site and do nothing more then chase away users = ($$).

Last edited by ak47dennis; 12-26-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:05 PM

yeah,audio in the back out of control. I unhook. I don't know exactly how to describe but I get competitive ads on top when I am trying to look at a product when I shop.
I cant see the info im trying to read.
sometime every mouse clik gets a new page, often unrelated to anything. even when I clik in a blank space.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:31 AM

I dislike them also………

Old 12-28-2013, 03:26 PM

Most forums I know have found that having banner ads at the top and bottom are enough. This one has side ads too, and now these big annoying pop ups that pop up all the time... Not just once per visit, which might not be so bad. I run 3 very popular Internet forums. Forum owners always talk about how much they cost to run. They do not. Not one of my forums has any ads on them at all. They are completely funded out of my pocket. So obviously, it doesn't cost a lot. If you are paying a lot to host a forum, it's time to look for a new host. At this point, it is starting to border on nothing more than greed and that will run people off. This is the best Hummer forum because of the people here. If they go to another forum then it will become the best Hummer forum.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

I have never seen a pop up add on this forum. That would be never since 2007.
I use Chrome, and do not have adware on my PCs. Never us my phone for browsing so maybe there I would see a pop up?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:21 AM

Doc, they have been here. For the last few weeks they popped up randomly anytime you went from one page to another. I use Chrome too and they were there. They have been taken down apparently because I haven't seen them in a few days. But they were definitely here. I don't use my phone for this forum because it is too slow and bogs my phone down, but on my PC and iPad, they were here.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:42 AM

Doc, I have them on my I pad, mac book, Note3 & my work PC. But yeah the last couples days I haven't seen them.(thank god and hopefully good riddance)

Old 01-09-2014, 05:06 PM

As of this evening, the pop ups are back.

Quick Reply: pop up adds, WTF