PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plz help tools required?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Default plz help tools required?

Hey guys, I am away from tools and need someone to bring me what i need. I am replacing my front right hub bearing. I know how but I have to have all the wrench and socket sizes I will need. I thought I have the brake hardware sizes but not the mounting bit size to fasten to steering knuckle.
If someone could please list me what all i will need for tools. (besides obvious jackstands and c clamps and jack small mallet) sizes plz.
I only have until tomorrow evening to get the list together. Thanks in advance guys. I couldn't find it anywhere.online.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM

Thanks for that, but are all of them the same size bolts and nuts from siverado and hummer and canyon?? I assumed the sizes were different from one to The next.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM

Ok I have everything I need accept one problem... I can't get a 35-36 mm socket anywhere. Is there a standard size i can use in place. I have a 3/4 drive breaker bar here with a bunch of standard sizes. But nothing in the 47/76 in between kinda thing. 1 7/16 is a bit loose but i wondered if too loose? And also can i reuse the axle nut? Alot of people say no and some say yes? I would like some input from experienced ppl. Gotta change my bearing tomorrow somehow cuz i gotta start another shift at work after that.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 PM

You might find one like that under the impact wrench sockets

Old 02-13-2013, 11:20 PM

I've used a 1 3/8" socket, fits very tight on the nut.

I have reused the nut before. From what I know it is not a torque to yeild type nut.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM

I just got the bearing put in today with a little sweat and hammer swinging to get the old one out. Everything was easy accept separating the bearing for the steering knuckle.
Took it for a drive and seemed alot better but then check engine light came up so i gotta read that to get the code. Also the rear passenger side bearing must have to be done too. It didn't really have movement but it makes noise. And i still get a sqeally noise when turning left sometimes. Having a hard time figuring out what is making the noise.
Any suggestions what to check and i am almost positive it isn't the brakes. Unless you suggest something other than rotors and pads.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM

Glad to hear the bearing came off with out a hitch...

Chris

Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM

Yea I wouldn't say it came off good..... I busted a screwdriver and had to beat it in the whole way around. Separating it a bit at a.time. The dust shield had holes in it from some rust and it gave me a few spots to get a small flathead one in. And my fiance gave me the idea to put some clr on it so i did just to try because i had no liquid wrench or anything. It worked way better than i expected. Also my check engine light went off on its own today. I am wonderring if my exhaust leak would do it. But i have no clue. Is there anything to grease or lube in the drivetrain like u joints i should or anything? I can't figure out where my squeaking is coming from. It is more noticeable at slow speeds i was woried i did something wrong when i did the bearing. But am curios of a u joint or front axle.

Last edited by BERULAKIDE; 02-15-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM

Idk if there are grease zerks on our drive train.
Chris

Quick Reply: plz help tools required?