PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pingping noise when release the brake

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by nelsonhood
Update:
Took the truck to a shop. They checked everything and everything is fine, so they just lubricated the linkage. Now the noise is gone, maybe it will come back but since the brakes are fine I won't bother. Thanks everyone for giving me advice.
Nice, noise is gone.. Not only is it annoying, also premature wearing on components involved!

Abnormal noise=Excessive friction/premature wear.

Did you happen to learn where the noise was coming from, for future DIY reference?

Old 06-25-2013, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Nice, noise is gone.. Not only is it annoying, also premature wearing on components involved!

Abnormal noise=Excessive friction/premature wear.

Did you happen to learn where the noise was coming from, for future DIY reference?
They lubricated the pedal linkage and the noise is gone so I think that's the source of the noise.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:05 PM

hope it didn't cost you much for that?

get yourself a can of lithium and a mechanics stethoscope ($2.99 right now at harbor freight) and you will be able to find the source by yourself, (unless you have a rotational noise that requires driving and professional assistance)

Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 PM

Since they didn't find anything wrong they charged me $36 for a "brake service".

This is the first time I heard mechanics stethoscope, just googled it, looks interesting!

Originally Posted by hummerz
hope it didn't cost you much for that?

get yourself a can of lithium and a mechanics stethoscope ($2.99 right now at harbor freight) and you will be able to find the source by yourself, (unless you have a rotational noise that requires driving and professional assistance)