PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:51 AM

i thought your not to dyno all wheel drive vehicles?

Old 10-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Lightbulb

A dynamometer (dyno for short) is a device used to measure power and torque. In this case they had my H3 on the 4-wheel drive dyno to gather baseline information (power and torque data of the stock engine). They have printed data sheets which depict the "stock" numbers.

They will be installing a Magnuson MP112 (112 cubic inches or 1.84 litres) supercharger (blower) on our motor. After the installation is complete they will put the H3 back on the 4-wheel drive dyno to get power and torque data from the completed engine upgrade. I have attached a sample of a simple dyno report.

Attached Thumbnails Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports-sample-dyno-report.jpg  

Last edited by mgoblue85; 10-18-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Thumbs up

MadMan,

I would assume that putting an all-wheel drive vehicle on a chassis dyno designed for either a front or rear wheel drive vehicle would be a disaster.

They had my H3 on a 4-wheel drive dyno that is designed to do the measurements on vehicles with all-wheel drive.

The engine is predicted to produce about 425-430 hp at the flywheel after the supercharger is installed. The chassis dyno measures power "at the wheels" and Magnuson says to expect 350ish hp at the wheels.

All in all about a 40% gain.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM

did not know thay made a 4-wheel drive dyno learn something new
everyday on this forum.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Arrow

Here'a a photo of a 2 wheel drive chassis dyno and the pic of my Alpha on the 4 wheel drive dyno. You'll see all my wheels are rotating and only the rear wheels are rotating on the other dyno.

Attached Thumbnails Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports-2-wheel-drive-chassis-dyno.jpg   Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports-running-dyno-resized.jpg  
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 PM

Do you have a link to the supercharger that you're getting put in? Thanks! I'm really curious about this too... It seems like there's a lot of mods mentioned in these forums, but little to back up the performance. Thanks greatly for doing this! (new member here)

Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Cool

Go to www.magnacharger.com and you will see a drop-down tab for supercharger systems. Select the Magnacharger Hummer H2/H3Alpha Intercooled Supercharger Systems and that will open up a page that has a photo of the kit and another photo of one installed in an Alpha. I've attached a copy of the installed pic.

After seeing that they had the kits available I started doing my homework about what to expect from the supercharger and where to go for installation. I started a thread on here a few months back about lifting the H3 and having the supercharger installed. One of our fellow posters suggested Livernois Motorsports in Dearborn, MI. I contacted them, paid them a visit, got a quote and decided they would be the ones to work with.

Thanks for being upbeat about what we're doing with our H3. Not everyone has been so supportive because we will be doing auto shows instead of mudbogs when we're done with everything we want to do to our rig. Note that the attached pic is from Magnacharger's website and not a photo of our finished Hummer.

Attached Thumbnails Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports-h3_application.jpg  

Last edited by mgoblue85; 10-18-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:50 PM

Part of our reason for dressing up an H3 for car shows is the fact that an '06 H3 saved our lives (wife, kids and me) in a really bad accident on July 3rd of last year. We will be buying another H3 (probably an H3T) to use as a daily driver real soon. Here are some pics of the crashed H3.

Attached Thumbnails Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports-crashed-7-3-10.jpg   Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports-crashed-7-3-10..jpg   Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports-crashed-7-3-10...jpg  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:47 PM

thanks for the clarification! just learned something new here....

Old 10-19-2011, 09:01 PM

Mgoblue...wow! What the hell happened? Incredible damage and you guys made it out ok? The H3 is just an awesome vehicle!

Quick Reply: Pics on the Dyno at Livernois Motorsports