PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Picked up new H3!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Default Picked up new H3!

Finally picked up our new H3 this past Saturday, almost 2 months to the day after ordering. Seems like a very nice truck so far although I've only put about 50 miles on it. My wife has put more on it as it's replacing her old Grand Prix. I think the Off Road package is the best option I bought. It gives the truck a much more agressive look. The dealer had mine and 3 non-OR H3's and I really like the look. Hopefully it will have the capabilities to match. As a note, I read a lot of the controversy of adjusting the torsion bars on here. I unofficially measured our H3 with one of the other H3's and it sits about 2 inches higher in the front. The larger tires would accout for 1", but I was just wondering if the off-road suspension already has them cranked a bit. Who knows, but it was an interesting observation. I have an OEM brush guard and UCP plus a set of Rocky Road rock rails sitting in my living room. Hopefully it will warm up soon so I can get those installed. Just excited about our Hummer and thought I would share!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4094/BDB94A1ED8EC430D9CA217BFEAEA75E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Default RE: Picked up new H3!

congrats on the new arrival. always nice to be excited about your new vehicle, instead of that "oh $hit" feeling after you bring it home. enjoy .

Old 02-20-2008, 06:11 PM

Congrats...................and remember the pic's

Old 02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum and congrats on the Hummer. Did you get the I5?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:45 PM

Congrats! The off-road package definitely gives it a meaner stance, and I have already used the lock to get up and down some interesting angles. Very competent IMO. Let's see some pics with those installed goodies so we can all get bit by the mod bug again.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:14 PM

welcome to the forum and congrats on the Hummer. Did you get the I5?
I got the I-5. Definitely would have liked to had the V8 and would have bought it in a heartbeat if the other end was attached to a manual tranny. My family and I have really been big fans of stickshifts for a long time. There's nothing wrong with automatics at all-- they're probably better suited to a myriad of different tasks, but there's just something about having that extra little bit of interaction with the left foot.

Will defintely post pics when I get the accessories on.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 AM

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. looks great.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:18 AM

Looks great, glad see you posted a pic. Nice color choice, too.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Nice truck and Welcome to the forums. Lot's of reading here to answer any questions you might come up with. Enjoy.

I forgot to ask? [&o] Since you have the rock rails waiting for an install. Could you post back what size and typemounting boltsRocky Road includes with their set? Size and thread count, plus grade if the instructions say. I have built a set, and I am waiting for the road grime/salt to clear before bolting them up, and it has been so friggin cold I do not want to lay on the groung fumbling with bollts or taps to get it right just yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:05 PM

awesome ride! congrats! i, too, am a huge fan of the adv pkg. dont leave home w/ out it

Quick Reply: Picked up new H3!