PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Performance Chips

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Default Performance Chips

Do those performance chips that say they boos HP and increase gas milage work?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 AM

Sorry, do they boost HP

Old 09-02-2010, 11:53 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this chip?

http://www.gforcechips.com/hummerh3.aspx

Old 09-02-2010, 05:25 PM

I wouldn't put anything that is $69.00 Near my engine. That's just my opinion.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Theuofmiami
I wouldn't put anything that is $69.00 Near my engine. That's just my opinion.
Yeah but MSRP is $399 ROFL

Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned
Default Yeah but MSRP is $399 ROFL

I spose u could pay that unt feel btr

Old 09-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Banned

Those chips are garbage. I would stick with Jet, or prefferably PCM4less. PCM4less is THE way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
Those chips are garbage. I would stick with Jet, or prefferably PCM4less. PCM4less is THE way to go as far as I'm concerned.
More garbage advice from YOU! have you ever had a Jet chip? or PCM4less tune? Not that you have ever stated so how can you recommend it!

Having the PCM4less tune on an I5 I can say you will see a difference in performance due to the shift point changes esp. if you have larger than stock tires. They will also correct your speedo too. I got mine when it was $200 not sure of the price now.

I will say it has been the best investment other than rock rails, under-body protection and 315s!

Old 09-03-2010, 02:31 PM

In short, NO, they do not and cannot do both. To get more power you need to burn more fuel or change the type of fuel you burn (alcohol, nitro, etc). Please don't buy any products that claim to improve your mileage. Learn from my mistakes and use that money on stuff people will see on your truck. I have the Jet Stage 2 chip in my '06 3.5L and I do see a difference in power, especially @ 3000 rpm, but nothing earth-shaking. My mileage dropped one mpg to 14.8. I run 285's and drive moderately hard. I put a cat-back exhaust on for appearance and sound ( I wasn't dissappointed to see no gain in mileage), and borrowed a K&N filter for testing (again no gain). Keep asking questions and spend your money wisely.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by majaloke
In short, NO, they do not and cannot do both. To get more power you need to burn more fuel or change the type of fuel you burn (alcohol, nitro, etc). Please don't buy any products that claim to improve your mileage. Learn from my mistakes and use that money on stuff people will see on your truck. I have the Jet Stage 2 chip in my '06 3.5L and I do see a difference in power, especially @ 3000 rpm, but nothing earth-shaking. My mileage dropped one mpg to 14.8. I run 285's and drive moderately hard. I put a cat-back exhaust on for appearance and sound ( I wasn't dissappointed to see no gain in mileage), and borrowed a K&N filter for testing (again no gain). Keep asking questions and spend your money wisely.
I also have a JET Module but stage 1. They really dont boost H.P. but rather advance the timing a bit so combined with running mid- grade gas, i feel a more Peppy-er 5cyl. but not close to an Alpha! However, every little bit helps. if you expect too much from a Jet mod. or PCM, then you can be disapointed but if you want a litttle change its worth it.

Quick Reply: Performance Chips