PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCMForLess - Arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Default PCMForLess - Arrived today

Got the kit today. It came with the PCM, TCM, and the Dashhawk. Any advice on the install? I thought the kit only came with the PCM for the swap and the and Dashhawk for the CASE relearn. Is there a reason I must swap the TCM?

How long does it take to install? Was going to attempt to do it after work but it looks like this should wait for the weekend.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:58 PM

Yes you need to swap both, PCM controls the engine TCM does the trans. It doesn't take very long & unless you're paying to keep the old one you need to send it back w/ in 7 days to get the core deposit (I'm guessing you used PCMforless).

Last edited by JGBB04; 11-01-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

2008 and ups (with an auto trans.) have a TCM, which also needs to be programmed with the PCM for a complete tune.

How long.....? 10-30 minutes.

Advice, just be carefull not to break the PCM and TCM plugs. The red clip is a lock, and the grey arm is a cam swing arm. Pull out the red clip (pretty darn easy), and swing the grey arm down by pulling out a little, and then down. Reverse for install.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:56 AM

Part of me really wants to go this route, but I still have a lot of warranty left, and I assume this voids it regarding all powertrain issues. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JDuncan
Part of me really wants to go this route, but I still have a lot of warranty left, and I assume this voids it regarding all powertrain issues. Am I wrong in my thinking?
Nothing automatically voids the warranty they would have to prove the tune caused the problem. When I did mine I had the same feeling so I paid the core charges to keep the original ones just in case.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:44 PM

i sent mine in so it would be original 5 minutes max !!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Took about an hour. Your right the plugs were not easy to get to. I moved the Washer Fluid box out of the way and it was much easier after that....

I'm not sure if I should keep the core or return it too. I still have tons of warranty left (I hope).

WOW... with the PCM installed you get some power back! It's nice to be able to push the pedal and get a response with the 35s. So happy I did it. Just not sure if I should keep the original core just in case.... Anyone else have any recommendations?
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM

must be nice! I have called 4 times and left messages and also sent countless emails over the past month with no response. All I was looking for was some questions to be answered so I could make my decision. They never answer there phone. I am calling the one in N.C too.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:33 PM

what kind of results do the I5 owners see typically? I put on some 35's as well and would like to see a little better performance as well as recalibrate for the larger tires to see my actual speed and mpg's.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:11 PM

It was certainly worth it to me and I have 35s on my adventurer. Just be very specific when getting it programed. I have a K&N wrapped intake with a full Magnaflow exhaust and I noticed a decent increase in power with zero response delay at the peddle.

Quick Reply: PCMForLess - Arrived today