PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM TUNING

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Default PCM TUNING

Hey everyone. Just a hot link for H3 owners in Southern California. I have a 2006 H3/Adventure with Borla exhaust and K&N 77 series intake. I had been researching PCM tuning for a few months and came across these guys www.z-industries.com. I dealt directly with Andrew, great guy and extremely knowledgeable not only with the inline 5 banger in the H3 but with high performance engines in general ( he knows his ****). Anyways, I live in Los Angeles and they are located in Temecula and he met me half way (pretty cool)and he showed up with his Tech2 tuner and laptop, plugged it right in and started tuning ( I was racing around @ 75 MPH in second at about 5800 RPM, needless to say we tuned it down but I am very happy with the tune and in conjunction with the exhaust and intake my H3 is considerably more responsive and faster, not to mention I can easily get it up to 100+ where as before I could never get it passed 85mph, not that I need the speed but I tow my motorcycles almost weekly and I know this tune is gonna give me more towing power. Keep in mind that a lot of companies out there offering PCM tuning OUTSOURCE THE TUNE to other guys andwhatyou get back isa generic tune that they sell to everyone. Before I went with www.z-industries.com I was going to go with PCMFORLESS.COM as they are pretty sharp as well and obviously know there **** as well and as far as tuning goes they have a reputable name and they are very helpful. But if you are the type of guy who wants toSEEexactly what your money is being spent on and you live in California and you want to get your H3 or any other American car tuned check out their website.

Cheers!

Old 10-19-2007, 04:23 AM
Default RE: PCM TUNING

I think all of us have used with good results, PCMforless. They are also a forum vendor.

I have a good response from Billy Boat exhaust, K&N and PCMfor less tuned PCM....and not for a lot of $$$

Old 10-19-2007, 04:55 AM

i will be going with pcm for less after i get the wheels and tires someday

Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 AM

ORIGINAL: hilljob26

i will be going with pcm for less after i get the wheels and tires someday
I put my wheels off 'til spring. I wanna drop the back a few inches also. The PCM was a good investment imo. I haven't been able to check my mileage but often the tune does improve it.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Let me show you one of this guy's prior posts.
"Did you know that H3's depreciate approximately $10,000 their first year?
Think the bad gas mileage has anything to do with it? Absolutely.
Enjoy." fromRE: WOW...what a MPG improvement!!!!

Yeah right.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

I emailed Kelly this morning to see about another possible group buy from PCMforLess for the newer members on here. We'll see what happens.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 AM

I'd definitely be interested in a group buy from PCMforLess, assuming that it'll work with an '08 H3.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not "Hummer Guy", but "HummerGuy"

Unfortunately there are two of us. The Hummer(space)Guy is the guy you are thinking of I'm just some schmuck with a H3 from Chicago

Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I'm not "Hummer Guy", but "HummerGuy"
You know, I JUST noticed that and tried to edit the message before anyone saw that mistake. Oops...

Old 10-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

No problem. That has happened abotu 234775 times just this year. I'm used to it already

Quick Reply: PCM TUNING