PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pcm tunes

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Default Pcm tunes

I'm getting a set of 315 tires and I want to go ahead and get a pcm tune I have been looking around and I found a pcm tune called jet and you just put it in and go but I haven't heard much about the reviews except 14-16 hp increase and 1-3 mpg increase and it adjusts to your driving and I have been looking at the pcmforless and it just seems like to much of a ordeal and I can't have my h3 out of service for a send in and I don't want to do the security relearn stuff plus the jet has all the options the other pcmforless has except it can't remove the rev limiter and speed limiter which its a hummer not a NASCAR so speed isn't a big deal I just want better mpgs with bigger tires I could care less about all the power gain because the most I will pull is a jet ski and I want the cheapest and most effective thing

Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 AM

PCMforless is the real deal.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 AM

I see you are in Georgia. Take a day trip up to Mooresville, NC and get pcforless to do the tune in your truck. That's what I did on my 08 3.7. We did test drives until we got the tune to my liking. The best way to go in my opinion if you can swing it.

Last edited by RKSmith163; 01-22-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 AM

You'll eat up the benefits of the jet chip w/ the weight of the tires... I'd tell you to hold off until you get a CAI and maybe even an exhaust. Than get the PCMforless tune!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hummer79
I'm getting a set of 315 tires and I want to go ahead and get a pcm tune I have been looking around and I found a pcm tune called jet and you just put it in and go but I haven't heard much about the reviews except 14-16 hp increase and 1-3 mpg increase and it adjusts to your driving and I have been looking at the pcmforless and it just seems like to much of a ordeal and I can't have my h3 out of service for a send in and I don't want to do the security relearn stuff plus the jet has all the options the other pcmforless has except it can't remove the rev limiter and speed limiter which its a hummer not a NASCAR so speed isn't a big deal I just want better mpgs with bigger tires I could care less about all the power gain because the most I will pull is a jet ski and I want the cheapest and most effective thing
The PCMforless "Loaner" option is a no brainer. Takes 10 minutes and your fingers don't get dirty. The security relearn is no biggy, super easy, IF you have to do it. Ordeal? Not.

You can search threads about the Jet module. It's down side is it is not a tune, it is an interface that changes real input data from the motor/trans so the PCM thinks something else other than reality is happening and reacts according to the false data.

I would guess that 98% of the people who bought the Jet, only did it because they did not know about getting a mail order tune from PCMforless.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM

How long would it take for me to do the send in option as in how many days my h3 will be useless

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hummer79
How long would it take for me to do the send in option as in how many days my h3 will be useless
Email or call them and ask, you can talk with Kelly, Alvin or Marshall. Since you are fairly close, should be just a few days?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM

ive been waiting to get mine for sooo long and im finally ordering it. pcmtune is the way to go