PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passengers side wiper

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Default Passengers side wiper

Had some snow here today. Turned on wipers and there was a loud pop noise and my passengers side wiper stopped working. Drivers side works. Passenger side loose and won't work. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
rsc

I wonder if there's a shear pin in, the wiper system, but probably not. I imagine you snapped the wire torque shaft/cable going to the wiper.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Probably was frozen to the windshield and by turning on the wipers, you may have broke the arm...............

In general, when there is frosty conditions, before you turn on the wipers, one should by hand, lift both wipers from the windshield to ensure that they are not frozen down. If there is a lot of snow, one should first clear the snow and second lift the wipers to ensure that they are not frozen down. No do not use the wiper system to clear snow from the windshield..............Believe that this info is in the owners manual...........................This info is for all vehicles

Old 01-23-2012, 05:33 AM

Thanks but your wrong. Wipers weren't frozen to windshield. They were working for approx. 15-20 mins. Prior to breaking. 42 years old I know how to use wipers. Thanks

Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 AM

DeputyJ-
I would pop the cap off the passenger side wiper arm at the bottom, its held on by a bolt. See if its there, one, and if there's any play in it two. There is only on wiper motor, atleast on my 06 and I doubt they would have redesigned that in newer years. If it ends up being the linkage its a PIA. The linkage is all under the cowl and hard to get to. Hopefully its something simple.

Where about in MA are ya?

Old 01-23-2012, 07:28 AM

Thanks dagkana. I took cap off and the bolt. Couldn't get wiper off. The arm just flaps loose no grab at all. Drivers side works. Must be linkage. I'm on the Cape. You?

Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 AM

It is the linkage. Same thing happened to mine last year in a rain storm. You will need to pull the wiper cowl off to access the linkage. First the wiper arms come off, then the painted part of the cowl. Its held on with a bunch of push clips. Then the black part of the cowl (lower) will come off with a couple more push clips. Once all thats off, you will see the linkage. The knuckles of the linkage are a metal ball inside a plastic coupler. They are white in color. Unfortunately once they come apart, they wont ever stay together again. You have to buy a new linkage assy. I got mine right from the dealer..it wasnt to bad. You might as well put a new wiper motor in at the same time. Its attached to the linkage assy. Since the whole process is not fun, I threw a new motor in mine at the same time!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 08xcab
It is the linkage. Same thing happened to mine last year in a rain storm. You will need to pull the wiper cowl off to access the linkage. First the wiper arms come off, then the painted part of the cowl. Its held on with a bunch of push clips. Then the black part of the cowl (lower) will come off with a couple more push clips. Once all thats off, you will see the linkage. The knuckles of the linkage are a metal ball inside a plastic coupler. They are white in color. Unfortunately once they come apart, they wont ever stay together again. You have to buy a new linkage assy. I got mine right from the dealer..it wasnt to bad. You might as well put a new wiper motor in at the same time. Its attached to the linkage assy. Since the whole process is not fun, I threw a new motor in mine at the same time!
X2! You also have to remove the 2 fake air intakes. Be careful if it is cold out, there are many "clips" that can break!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deputyj
Thanks but your wrong. Wipers weren't frozen to windshield. They were working for approx. 15-20 mins. Prior to breaking. 42 years old I know how to use wipers. Thanks
Did not say that you didn't, you posted a question on the forum and I posted a possible answer, next time give all the facts so that you can get an answer closer to the fix of the problem..................

Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Deputyj
Had some snow here today. Turned on wipers and there was a loud pop noise and my passengers side wiper stopped working. Drivers side works. Passenger side loose and won't work. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

This is what you originally posted, which in a first opinion would indicate that the wipers were possible frozen to the windshield.......................

Quick Reply: Passengers side wiper