PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Availability in 2017 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Default Parts Availability in 2017 ?

Hello Fellow Hummer Family,

2009 Hummer Alpha H3. Great condition. Lots of tasteful mods. Low miles.

I'm interested in buying but concerned about the fact Hummers and parts are not being made anymore, so will it be hard to obtain parts in the next 3 years or so? And how is the resale?

I most likely will keep it for a long time but will anyone want them or do you think think they will become a classic?

I am mainly concerned about obtaining parts.

My last Rig was a Toyota so I am accustomed to good reliability and few problems.

A thousand thanks

Old 01-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Parts for the next 3 years?

I have a 48 year old Oldsmobile, you can still find parts for it.

Ebay, craigslist, pick and pulls, plus old dealer stock, NOS, not an issue for replacement parts. Certain body parts for the H3T might get scarce, just avoid smashing stuff and you'll be fine.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Cool

Keep in mind a Hummer H3 is not a Toyota. Most Hummer owners like it that way. You'll find it a very different experience.
As far as parts go, most parts (mechanical/engine) are readily available. OEM accessories are not. Body parts may need to be used. There is plenty of aftermarket stuff.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:19 PM

Hello,

No it will not be any easier to obtain parts as time goes by and the fact is that the H3 in general is getting long in the tooth.
The mileage, age, rust and time are wearing the Hummer H3's out.
Eventually the stock currently available will dry up and then the price will be based upon demand if such a thing happens.
Aftermarket parts, support are negligible at best and many people do not posses the skills sets necessary to care for a vehicle with industry support lacking.

Jmho

Old 01-09-2018, 06:20 PM

rust,the enemy!...
i spray lube in the door drain holes till it runs out twice a year. its the worst place.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Hello,

No it will not be any easier to obtain parts as time goes by and the fact is that the H3 in general is getting long in the tooth.
Eventually the stock currently available will dry up and then the price will be based upon demand if such a thing happens.
Aftermarket parts, support are negligible at best and many people do not posses the skills sets necessary to care for a vehicle with industry support lacking.

Jmho
Is this a serious response?

Old 01-09-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Hello,

Jmho
I just did a search on you and yes now I understand your response. I called a few local Chevrolet dealers in my area and local buddy mechanics and asked them same questions here and they all but one said walk away from the Hummer. I kind of knew Hummers could be problematic but damn, however I am still looking for time being.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:52 PM

I can tell you the numbers are about the same for production between the 2 and 3. H2 specific parts can still be found but talk about price gouging. New members will join thinking they can ask for a door panel and someone will sell them one for $100 when USED door panels can easily go upwards of $1,000.

These rigs are getting old, 2s and 3s and you must be prepared to source hummer specific parts when needed. Drivetrain and most major components you should be fine but interior pieces and other specific parts may be a little more difficult.

The mechanics you speak to are obviously biased or maybe know little on the HUMMER line. As with any used vehicle upwards of 12 years old, they are going to have problems and you will need to throw some money into one-nature of the beast.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I can tell you the numbers are about the same for production between the 2 and 3. H2 specific parts can still be found but talk about price gouging. New members will join thinking they can ask for a door panel and someone will sell them one for $100 when USED door panels can easily go upwards of $1,000.

These rigs are getting old, 2s and 3s and you must be prepared to source hummer specific parts when needed. Drivetrain and most major components you should be fine but interior pieces and other specific parts may be a little more difficult.

The mechanics you speak to are obviously biased or maybe know little on the HUMMER line. As with any used vehicle upwards of 12 years old, they are going to have problems and you will need to throw some money into one-nature of the beast.
Definitely nature of the beast. I bought my H3 last April with 129K miles on it. The dealer replaced the radiator and thermostat at that time. Last month, I replaced the driver side CV shaft and LBJ. This month will be the driver side hub, water pump, fan clutch, upper and lower radiator hoses. Also have a bad vent valve solenoid on the charcoal can. Am I upset? No, because I bought a used vehicle with 129K on it; comes with the territory.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Erivaldo
I just did a search on you and yes now I understand your response. I called a few local Chevrolet dealers in my area and local buddy mechanics and asked them same questions here and they all but one said walk away from the Hummer. I kind of knew Hummers could be problematic but damn, however I am still looking for time being.
Don't know what you searched on line, but Hummers are no more problematic than any other GM vehicle of the same age and miles.

I think where you are located may play a part. Here in Detroit, Hummers are all over the place, I see 2 & 3s every day. There are a bunch at the pick and pulls, and you can walk into most auto parts and buy maintenance items. Don't see what the concern is????

In 11 years, replaced the radiator, T Stat and Vent Valve.

No point in mentioning brakes, rotors and oil/oil filters, got to do that to maintain whatever you drive. All the maintenance stuff is readily available.

Quick Reply: Parts Availability in 2017 ?