PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

over heat hummer h3

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Default over heat hummer h3

hi .. my hummer h3 ... 2007 .. 14700 km .. the temprtuer is over the 3d quarte . last week i was going long drive at hot wither temp abot 40c . the red water for raditor leaks out of the water jug then the temp reach the red line . i stop the car . call the agent thy took it ... gus what do you think happend to my h3 ...

Old 06-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Default RE: over heat hummer h3

Hard to say? Water pump? Blockage in the radiator?

Sam

Old 06-19-2008, 04:22 AM

Khalid, I am running about in the UAE 40C plus and the temperature gauge usually runs at the 3/4 mark on the highway and gets a shade over that closer to the red zone when offroad in the dunes. I have only seen it reach the red zone once during some particularly hot 55C weather last July in the desert using 4-Lo and A/C on full blast, we just stopped for a while and popped the hood and left the motor run to cool off. It made a few gurgling noises and went back to normal after a few minutes, but did not boil over. My '06 H3 ran exactly the same aswell. So as Sam mentioned there must be a problem with a component of the cooling system.

Let us know what the dealer comes up with. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:28 AM

what Sam says....I have the same prop on my ZR2 Blazer...had the cooling system flushed and it worked for some time after

Old 06-21-2008, 04:43 AM

well thanke you all .... thae dealer . says . we chang the radiator . and the oil thax mixed with the red liqud for cooling the radiato comming from the( gare ) the transmisson . and thy chick the engine ... i did send an e mail to gm c to not accept the car . to make a deal with thim to excahing my car with a new one .. any i nots about this ..

Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 AM

i have a 07 hummer with the 3.7 I5. i have ran it in 105F and it run great the gauge runs right in the middle so i think you have a water pump the has a block in it or the wrong coolant was used in the truck.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: khalidcito

well thanke you all .... thae dealer . says . we chang the radiator . and the oil thax mixed with the red liqud for cooling the radiato comming from the( gare ) the transmisson . and thy chick the engine ... i did send an e mail to gm c to not accept the car . to make a deal with thim to excahing my car with a new one .. any i nots about this ..
vkH2 Had this same thing happen to his rig. Swapped in a new radiator, flushed system, refilled and all was good.

Sam

Old 06-23-2008, 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: SamHouseIII

ORIGINAL: khalidcito

vkH2 Had this same thing happen to his rig. Swapped in a new radiator, flushed system, refilled and all was good.

Sam
yea Sam.....and I still pray it did no harm to the tranny
khalidcito, hope they fix it good for you....I payed 2300 €uros [:@](new Radiator,lot's of Tranny Fluid andworkhours) to have it fixed here in germany

Old 06-23-2008, 02:42 AM

ok,,,,, thank you all ... what about exchanging the car with another new one ? do you think ?i can get a deal with GMC. any i deia ?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:33 PM

hello every one.. you might remember my story with heating h3 2007 ... after a long straggling with MG. and the local dealer ... i did got the new 2008 h3 with full options ..GM payed me 5000 $ dealer paid 1500 $ i paid some 8000$ .. i got a new orang h3 2008 ..

Quick Reply: over heat hummer h3