PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering Supercharger and Catback Exhaust Today

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Talking Ordering Supercharger and Catback Exhaust Today

Placing my order for a Magnuson MP112 supercharger and MagnaFlow exhaust system for our Alpha today. The guys at Livernois Motorsports seem genuinely excited to get going on it for me. The wife is excited to have it all done as well. Will update with photos in a few weeks when installation is complete.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:56 AM

Is there a Livernois in Bad Axe, or is it in Metro Detroit? I'm from S.E. Michigan, and we have a Livernois street down here.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 PM

Dearborn Heights. They ask you to pay for the parts up front and make the final payment after the installation is complete. Talked with Jon down there last week and I will be getting a check in the mail tomorrow for the parts. Had an out of town appointment today and couldn't get home in time to verify the check amount with Jon and mail it today. We will take the Hummer to them next week and should have it back by mid October (maybe sooner).

We were going to wait until next spring, but I talked to a guy from Magnuson last week. He said there's plenty of MP112 superchargers left, but they've discontinued the associated parts required for the installation on our H3 Alpha. Getting it done this fall so we don't miss out.

Can't wait.......to put it mildly, LOL.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 PM

That's cool.. keep us up to date on this project... please !

Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by mgoblue85
Dearborn Heights. They ask you to pay for the parts up front and make the final payment after the installation is complete. Talked with Jon down there last week and I will be getting a check in the mail tomorrow for the parts. Had an out of town appointment today and couldn't get home in time to verify the check amount with Jon and mail it today. We will take the Hummer to them next week and should have it back by mid October (maybe sooner).

We were going to wait until next spring, but I talked to a guy from Magnuson last week. He said there's plenty of MP112 superchargers left, but they've discontinued the associated parts required for the installation on our H3 Alpha. Getting it done this fall so we don't miss out.

Can't wait.......to put it mildly, LOL.
Alright, so I just have to talk with John and I get a check in the mail for a supercharger. Excellent! What's his number?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:07 AM

Nice shot Widespread.......

I've actually done a little more than just talk on the phone and mail a check. I have an estimate on paper and have seen their facility, their work in progress, some of their finished projects and met with the guys who will do the installation. Just thought all of that might be understood and maybe a little boring.

At any rate, still excited to see the finished product.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 PM

What is the project going to cost you when all is done? Are you doing a custom tune as well?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Total cost should be under 10k. I'm also changing the battery box, battery cables and looking to add fuel line covers that can be custom painted when I get the pinstriping done next spring. We're basically going to use this H3 for shows and some occasional cruises to the beaches here in Michigan.

Livernois will dyno-tune and reset shift points when all is said and done. A tuner comes with the supercharger kit.

Wife has me looking for an H3T to be her daily driver since I kinda made the Alpha a little too "showy" to be used as a grocery getter.

Last edited by mgoblue85; 09-20-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by mgoblue85
Total cost should be under 10k. I'm also changing the battery box, battery cables and looking to add fuel line covers that can be custom painted when I get the pinstriping done next spring. We're basically going to use this H3 for shows and some occasional cruises to the beaches here in Michigan.

Livernois will dyno-tune and reset shift points when all is said and done. A tuner comes with the supercharger kit.

Wife has me looking for an H3T to be her daily driver since I kinda made the Alpha a little too "showy" to be used as a grocery getter.
10k for a H3 Magnacharger and a cat back system installed sounds a bit high. Should be around 8K for all installed for the standard kit and catback system, that is what the market rate is in CA. Just a head up to you, you may want to work on a better package deal for all with them.

When you do get all finished dont forget to post some pics here for all of us to check out.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Sounds like a great mod - good luck with it. They fact that your better half is excited too is a great thing.