PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options Questions w/ pics. Do you use these...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Default Options Questions w/ pics. Do you use these...

Interested in the following additions, would like to get some feedback from those who may have them...

Skid plate... Protect your H3 off-road with these Rear Axle Skid Plates. The welded steel plates are powder-coated and designed to protect the rear axle U-bolts and shock absorber mounts during off road operation .

Lightbar... Direct replacement for the existing cross bar on the Hummer H3 the DELTA 6X Light Bar features adequate clearance for most garages and (6) H3 XENON powered waterproof lights for an unprecedented 330 watts of lighting power. It also features a custom dual relay wiring harness for 3-way lighting control and O.E.M style LED switches

The skid plates look like a good idea. As far as the light bar goes, I like the look and they are "supposed" to be very effective. Any road noise with sunroof?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3620/2822033AEF194556AF6CAEF9D635D9AF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3620/D058FAE1EFE74AC0A2BC50048BD72657.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Default RE: Options Questions w/ pics. Do you use these...

Don't know about the lights, but i'd go with the skidplates for sure. I really want those...i already drug my h3 down a rock on the U-bolts....

Old 12-16-2007, 08:05 PM

Here is the site where I found them. Haven't purchased from them yet, but I do like the site...

http://www.adv4x4.com/h3offroac.html

Old 12-16-2007, 08:08 PM

That is a good site, i'd like to have the differential skidplate too!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

If you are going to be off roading the skid plates and under carriage protection are a must. Don't have that light bar so can't help you there.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 PM

Skid plates a must if you off road. I would also suggest the other underbody protection kit also (two protection racks). Get the bottom protected first and then think about what off road running lights you want. I am on my 2nd H3 and have put all of the underbody protection and skid plates on both from Bolder Accessories.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:17 PM

Those skidplates are good, I've seen them put to the test on another H3. Get the factory under-carriage protection first as was mentioned above - you'll use it first. I haven't put on the u-bolt plates as it's not an easy bolt on thing. They recommend lifting the truck, lifting/supporting the axle, replacing (not reusing) the u-bolts (not included with the plates). Too much for me to do on my own, will have to have a shop put them on.

I got them from www.RubberDuck4x4.com for $140. The plates are all made by http://www.boulderaccessory.com/. My plates were not well finished and the powder coating was flaking off. RubberDuck4x4 offered to make it right with whatever I wanted - return, replace, whatever. I just chose to file down the machining slag and paint them myself. They are going to get scratched anyway.

Don't know about the lightbar. There's an SMA one on ebay that Cerritos Pontiac keeps posting but it's not selling. They've been listing it about $600. Or have hilljob build you one of his awesome ones.
[/align]

Old 12-16-2007, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up and the links. Just not sure about those lights, would like a lower profile.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:15 AM

i have been thinkin about fabbing up some skid plates,i could do it way cheaper then to buy those,can anyone get me some bigger and better pics,i will see what i can do

Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 AM

Post Deleted[/align]

Quick Reply: Options Questions w/ pics. Do you use these...