PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok gang...need suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Default ok gang...need suggestions.

I got $250 in home depot gift cards from my in-laws for Christmas and need suggestons as to what to get. I'm a tool freak and my wife is getting pissed cause I keep buying more toolsI have 15 cordless drills and the entire +1 line from Ryobi. plus all my air tools and a snap on box filled with hand tools that cost me $15,000....God I used to love that snap on tool truck....even though that damn line of credit cost me half my paychecks...LOL....so do ya'll have any experiance with something new and cool that I should try?!?!?!

Old 12-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Default RE: ok gang...need suggestions.

Ya got a cordless impact for your wheeling trips?

Shelving/cabinets for the shop?

Old 12-27-2007, 04:19 AM

cordless impacts are the chit,i have had one for years,as for the snap on tools,im tellin ya,i had to quit buyin from the guy,it was getting bad.i have been buying tools for the last 16 years,i have well over 50 grand invested

Old 12-27-2007, 07:40 AM

How bout Garage Flooring?

Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 AM

first I would need a garage..

I have a cordless impact but don't use it cause the jeep has the powerplant winch with air compressor built in. I think I'll get a framing nail gun...I have to build a deck in the spring, might as well get prepared now. I have a paslode (sp?) nailgun but that thing is too damn heavy.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:40 AM

get you a nice tablesaw orradial arm saw,they always come in handy. im am always doing something and it sure is nice to have.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 AM

radial arm saw...good idea!!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, if ya got any left over, look into those LED night lights that are built into an electric outlet. The light takes the place of the lower of the two outlets, has a photocell so they only come on after dark, they are about $16.00 each. You got kids...........they like night lights, I know I went thru a gross of bulbs till I got a couple of those. One in the bathroom, in the hall by the kid's roooms, and you could put one in the kid's rooms. They last like 10 years and when the little men get up to take a leak, they can see where they are going w/o getting scared????

I got one in my bathroom, not even skeered to go in there after dark.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Come on Doc, you know those lights were for you ---- just kidding

I would get the nailer, mine has come in handy many times. I would also pick up the oscilating drum sander as well.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:18 AM

DO NOT BUY A TABLE SAW FROM Home Depot, you'll regret it. they're only tabel top models anyway and you could get a respectable Jet floor model for about the same price. don't know about the east coast, but they don't even carry radial arm saws, so you're out of luck with that, and most of the telescoping power miter saws can do the same thing anyway. the radial arm in my shop is really nothing but a shelf to pile crap onto now. i think the framing nailer is a good idea if you're going to build an elevated deck. just don't use it for the actual decking material. i used 3" deck screws that i put in with a drywall screw drill gun (dewalt) - you can even set the depth of the contersink so the screw heads don't stick out or go too deep. you can only do one at a time, it doesn't come with preloaded strips, but it has the power to drive a #10 deck screw 3 inches into redwood.

Quick Reply: ok gang...need suggestions.