PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, am I being ripped off here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Default RE: Ok, am I being ripped off here?

mine was loaded except any lights on the roof and nag system i got both packages and it was $38,000 then i got $4,000 off supplier discount

Old 07-15-2006, 08:01 PM

yea the suplier discount is a percentage off thats negotiated with the company you get it from. Mine wasnt as high as yours. i think it was 2500 or 3. cant remember. Wish i got a better deal. I got 3% financing though.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:16 AM

We're looking at an H3 right now. Not sure if we're getting a great deal or not. It's a 06 w/ adventure package, and auto, w/ cloth seats. Sunroof, XM, Nav radio, side air bags, trailer package, and the all season front floor mats. The H3 is at another dealer across the state. So, we neg a price, and then they tell us the other dealership installed an alarm, and that it can't be removed. So, they say they can only come down to 600 for the alarm. Pretty pricey alarm. Anyway, all total it's at 35,450. They have the zero percent finance right now, and we wanted to take advantage of it. But, I just don't feel we're getting a great deal for an end of the year vehicle, that they should be pushing out of the way for the 07's. We have not signed anything, and the H3 isn't going to be hauled here until monday. The vibe I get from them is that they're not going to come down from that number. I also feel that one reason is that I'm paying for the cost of getting this vehicle from the other dealer to ours, by them keeping the price up to offset the shipment.

I know we have a few very nice options, but it's certainly not swimming in them. What do you guys think? Is it a bit high for the configuration? That price does not even include cross bows, a fuel door, nerf bars or rocker protection, or steps of any kind. Just the base vehicle, w/ adv/ pkg, and the options listed, plus a (probable) after market alarm.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Snakey

The price the dealer's offering is $39000, and with the tax and everything it's up to about $41000. Here's what I'd be getting for it - Luxury package, Auto transmission, Added 33" wheels (but NOT the adventure package), Chrome Appearance pkg, Chrome tube steps, Chrome Wheels (dunno if they will have to get rid of these to put the bigger tires on), Chrome Brush Guard, Sunroof, XM Radio with the 6 CD changer and Chromed Crossbows.

What do u guys think? Good deal or sucky deal?

That's more than the final price I paid for mine (minus tag/title/tax) and mine had a $10k lift/accessory package added to an adventure model.

mR.m

Old 07-16-2006, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Fireman

We're looking at an H3 right now. Not sure if we're getting a great deal or not. It's a 06 w/ adventure package, and auto, w/ cloth seats. Sunroof, XM, Nav radio, side air bags, trailer package, and the all season front floor mats. The H3 is at another dealer across the state. So, we neg a price, and then they tell us the other dealership installed an alarm, and that it can't be removed. So, they say they can only come down to 600 for the alarm. Pretty pricey alarm. Anyway, all total it's at 35,450. They have the zero percent finance right now, and we wanted to take advantage of it. But, I just don't feel we're getting a great deal for an end of the year vehicle, that they should be pushing out of the way for the 07's. We have not signed anything, and the H3 isn't going to be hauled here until monday. The vibe I get from them is that they're not going to come down from that number. I also feel that one reason is that I'm paying for the cost of getting this vehicle from the other dealer to ours, by them keeping the price up to offset the shipment.

I know we have a few very nice options, but it's certainly not swimming in them. What do you guys think? Is it a bit high for the configuration? That price does not even include cross bows, a fuel door, nerf bars or rocker protection, or steps of any kind. Just the base vehicle, w/ adv/ pkg, and the options listed, plus a (probable) after market alarm.
I think thats right go buy it. Nav radio is expensive but i think its the best toy i have. They dont care about the 07's cause they'll be selling all the 06's anyway. People are buying these h3s like crazy. I was in a bestbuy parkinglot yesturday with 5 hummer h3's makes me not feel special anymore. Makes me want bigger tires or somthing so im different. They dont really come down in price from sticker much with these trucks. Its hummers big seller now. They were in the hole for a while. I'd take advantage of the 0% financing. That is saving you prosibly a couple grand on its own. When i was buying my truck i went to 3 dealers. None of them wanted to move in price. And one of them refused to give me my suplier disscount guess they make more money selling the truck to someone else. They'll try to screw you with acessories. Like my brush guards they charged me 600 bucks for chrome but my trucks sticker said it had black ones on it and that was already in the price. Noticed this after i bought it. ******** took me for 600.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:43 AM

For $32,500 In Jan 06,

I got;

Adventure Package
Chrome Package
Chrome hummer gas cover
Chrome hood handles
Chrome tubular side steps
Automatic tranny
Monsoon stereo/6CD/xm
Cloth seats
Tire cover
No stinking rotten sun roof.

They tell me I basically got it as cost...I find this hard to believe, but at any rate, I feel this was a fair deal for me

...GM wasn't offering any financing at the time, so 0% is also a plus, if you can find it... Talk them into an extended warranty and I'd say that would be a good deal.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:32 AM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think we'll probably get it for sure. I may see what else I can pry out of those tightwads.. LOL. My feeling is that it's not a fantastic price, but it's not a bad price either. Sort of, middle of the road, as far as deals go. This will be my wifes ride. All we've ever owned are 4wd's. Right now she has an 01 4wd Tahoe LT that we bought new. It's in awsome shape, with only 51,000 miles, but she wants an H3, so it looks like we'll be getting one. She's more into the looks of it, and I like the 4:1 T case. Even though it's main duty will be the usual mom stuff.. it will still see some moderate trails here and there. Nothing too severe though, I'm already in the process of building a new trail rig, so no need to tear the H3 up. Plus I have a lifted 97 Z71 that I bought new, as well.

I'll probably buy a few things for the H3 right away.. but I still have a few more things to buy to finsh the trail rig, an 89 K5, so I can't get too crazy on it.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:49 AM

First of all th H3 comes with a factory alarm and if you want more horsepower wait another month and buy the 07 it will have a 6 in it.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:02 PM

I'm aware that it comes with a security system. I guess the dealership installed something a little more extensive. I don't have the full scoop on the one they installed, I guess I'll know more about it when I see it. It would be nice if it was a perimeter alarm w/ a remote start, or at least something worth the extra money. If not, I think I'll push them to either drop the price, or remove it. I won't have a lot of time to haggle ver it though. We're leaving for the coast the next morning, so I'll have to see.

I'm not going to wait another month and pay several thousand more for 20 hp. I'm not sure the 07's will have a 6 either. Last I heard they will bump the 3.5 up to a 3.7, and gain 20 more hp & lbs. of torque.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:45 PM

I think you're right..It'll probably have a remote start feature intergrated.

And yes, the 07s will still be an I5 with bigger jugs[8D]

Quick Reply: Ok, am I being ripped off here?